Aurelia Vatican Apartments
Orbitz.com
US$970
US$549
  • Restaurant
All reviewskate and sammetro stationstudio apartmentbus stopminute walkcentral courtyardnice apartmentpublic transporthome away from hometrip to romeprior to our arrivalcentral romethe wi fidefinitely stay here againquiet at nightthe air conditioninggiada
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The Aurelia Vatican Apartments offered exceptionally good professional service with friendly charm. The rooms are clean and comfortable and provide all you need for a holiday in Rome. Although, at first impression you believe the complex to be somewhat distanced from the main tourist areas; its actual location is beautiful, quiet and only a short bus or train trip to most attractions. If we were to ever stay in Rome again I would definitely return to the Aurelia. I think the main experience of the Aurelia is it's staff; the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, providing assistance where ever they can; including a briefing and itinerary on the best places to visit and how to get there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Chrisamber
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Hello Christine,

It was our pleasure having you and your Family stay with us.
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and more importantly you had a great holiday in Bella Roma.
We hope to see you again the next time you or your family is here in Roma.

Sam, Kate & Staff at Aurelia Vatican Apartments

Reviewed 16 June 2012

The owners were wonderful. She spent 45 min telling all the ins of Rome on check in. The location was great. Very quiet area a short metro ride from all the sites. Apartment very spacious and well equipped. We had a great stay here.

Room Tip: Top floor has the views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivars E
Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

We have just returned home from Italy and spent our last week at Aurelia Vatican apts.We had a great stay and will go back for sure,Sam and Kate were just lovely and very helpful,they arranged a pizza making class for us with Walks of Italy and it was fantastic.We used the apt as a base and went out everyday but as this was our 3rd visit to Rome we did trips outside of the city and this was perfectly situated with bus and metro access. We are missing the evenings sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine relaxing after our busy days.We were given lots of helpful advice when we arrived and felt comfortable asking for further information,the apt was perfect with a full size fridge and lots of space,the laundry room was very handy too as we had come of a bus tour so had lots of washing.Our transfers were arranged through Aurelia and were spot on so we only have high praise for everything. Thanks Sam and Kate and staff

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Lynnemary
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Entirely satisfying experience. Kate and Sam were very helpful. The only small hitch is that the place is difficult to find. We were expecting a tour guide to meet us at our apartment. Although he was a local and got to the nearest station - Valle aurelia, he couldn't get a clue as to where the apartment was located actually. Also, when we had to leave early morning with big suitcases to Florence, there was no other option but to go to Termini by a car. So if you're on a tight budget, and can't factor in the cost of a taxi, give it a skip. Other than that, the place was great, there is a small grocery shop round the corner, restaurants nearby, a bus coming every few minutes that goes to the station, VERY sweet people.
It was exactly the same as the photos in the website and as on google street view.

Room Tip: We had an apartment on the side - away from the regulars. So we didn't see anyone drying their hair in the sun (unless we went in the main area).
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ookalkar
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed at Aurelia Vatican in March with 3 other friends. I would recommend this to anyone but especially to those with a larger number of people. The location, away from the hustle and bustle and the tourist sights but close enough to most places, was a plus for us but could be a small minus for people who are staying in Rome for an extremely short stay. I wish I had written this review earlier since I'm a little hazy on the details now. Here is a break down of my experience:

Location: The Vatican is not that close but certainly within walking distance depending on your view. My friends were tired from all the walking around Rome, but it would take ~40 minutes to walk from the Vatican. The walk from the hotel to the subway station (which goes to all the major sights) is about 10 minutes. The vicinity is not touristy at all.

Apartment: Very clean and spacious enough for 4 people. The room has everything you need to cook a full meal. I'd recommend grocery shopping in one of Rome's local markets and cooking a nice meal at the apartment one day. My idea got shut down by my friends since we were only there for 2 days :(

Restaurant: We didn't try any of the restaurants nearby. We did go to one of the restaurants that was recommended which was good but I wouldn't describe it as amazing.

Service: Perhaps the best part of our stay. The owners, Kate and Sam, are extremely friendly and passionate. I haven't been back to Rome for a while and didn't have much time to plan the itinerary so they spent almost an hour helping us plan the next two days.

Vatican Tour: We booked our Vatican tour through the apartment. I normally don't prefer tours since I like to go at my own pace, but decided to do this given we were in Rome for only two days and this would help maximize the stay, especially for my friends who were visiting Rome for the first time. The tour group was actually full so they were able to arrange a private tour for the four of us at a very reasonable price. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and funny so couldn't have worked out any better!

Other: The apartment complex has a laundry room if you need to wash your clothes. There's also free wi-fi.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends