Aurelia Vatican Apartments
Hotel Navona(Rome)
US$197
US$153
Agoda.com
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$147
Hotels.com
US$855
US$425
  • Restaurant
All reviewskate and sammetro stationstudio apartmentbus stopminute walkcentral courtyardnice apartmentpublic transporthome away from hometrip to romeprior to our arrivalcentral romethe wi fidefinitely stay here againquiet at nightthe air conditioninggiada
Reviewed 27 November 2017

My wife Helen and I went to Rome for the first time in October, to celebrate my wife's XXth birthday. Prior to our arrival in Rome, Aurelia Vatican apartments started looking after us - with welcome emails and with making arrangements for a taxi from the airport. On arrival, we were shown into our lovely apartment, all of which are accessed from a central courtyard with fountain in the centre - in which a group of terrapins live. Helen and I became obsessed with these little (and not so little!!) guys...

Once we had booked in, we had about an hour's session with Giada (as did everybody), who gives you a map of Rome which she personalises with what you want to see, tells you the best ways to get there, recommends restaurants etc. She is a proper Roman whose insight is invaluable. This session with her saves you probably two days of fumbling about if you are unfamiliar with the city, and she will pre-book tickets for you for places you wish to see, which will save hours of queueing.

As to the accessibility of the apartments - it is two stops on the local bus to the metro, and Giada can guide you as to the best ticket to buy which covers both of these depending on the length of your stay. She will also mark on your personalised map where you can get the buses from, and which bus to get. The buses to and from the apartments are regular, and easy. I note that some people have referred to the area as a little 'seedy'. It is not - nearby is simply in the process of being redeveloped as an out of town shopping centre. However that is far enough away to not disturb and the area is lovely and quiet at night, which you will not get in many places.

All the help you get is willingly given, not intrusive and fantastically helpful, and the coffee from the machine is lovely!

As to the apartments, they are spacious, clean and give you all that you need for your break.

I cannot recommend Aurelia high enough. A wonderful stay in a wonderful city.

A

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I treated my parrents to a trip to Rome. They had never left the North American Continent and their dream since they were very young was to visit the ancient city of Rome in Italy. Their dream finally came true.
Aurelia Vatican Apartment is the perfect place to stay durring your visit. It is close to transportation (easy to get around with my mature parrents) , away from the tourist traps, and it features large kitchens where you can make and prepare your own food. While in Rome you will have to walk or uber alot, its nice to have a comfy quiet place to rest at night.
The staff is amazing. I always was well attended. Gia is the best! She made us feel welcomed and pointed us to the right direction. If it had not been for her, we would of missed alot of great places to see in Rome. We are greatful for her and her team.
Aurelia Vatican Apartments is the perfect place to vacation. I recommend it to anyone looking to get away from the tourist traps and looking to be in a place that feels like a home away from home.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

It was the first time my girlfriend and I travelled to Rome and we chose to stay here. The staff were so helpful in assisting and suggesting. The building is charming and sterile. All in all good value for money but be prepared to be quite a distance from main attraction.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I stayed here for a week in July with my boyfriend. As soon as we arrived the girl on the front desk was so friendly and had loads of really helpful info for us, as well as drawing us maps and offering to book us tours etc for our stay. We stayed in a studio apartment with a balcony looking down to the beautiful courtyard. It was IMMACULATE I honestly couldn't believe how clean it was! It had everything we needed for a week and every single day fresh towels and toilet paper etc was left for us. The air conditioning was superb and absolutely necessary in july in rome! The customer service of all of the staff really Is what makes this place the best in all of Rome, the staff really are a credit to this place! We even got to mind Sparticus the adorable house dog for a few minutes one night thanks to the wonderful owners!! Really made our stay extra special! It is slightly out of the centre of rome, only 10 minutes walk to the metro but it is out of the way of the crowds of tourists, and after days of sightseeing in crowds you want that bit of peace and quiet! We felt so so safe here! We recommend this place to everyone now and if I ever come back to Rome we will most definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sophmor
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in this facility, the staff were really nice and helpful. We felt welcome. The apaetment we were provided was really nice, hight quality, ee got upgraded to very large apartment. Very clean. Great value foe money apartments.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple