See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I really do not recognize any of the negative reviews that others have posted of Double B during my stay there. Had the pleasure of staying there for a total of eight days, in a well-maintained and hospitable environment. The guesthouse provides a very homely and warm and hospitable atmosphere.

When I arrived, Wendy the receptionist and manager, who also speaks excellent English and Spanish was waiting for me. Upon booking at booking.com, I had declined breakfast. However, I found that Wendy very kindly provided a daily and complimentary service, for which I was very grateful for. The breakfast was fresh, of which included cereals, fresh croissants, jam, fruit yoghurts, eggs and a range of hot and cold beverages.

Rooms were well maintained and kept clean on a daily basis by Wendy's colleague Alice. Wi-Fi constantly flowing and no interruptions of any sort.

The only issue I had whilst there was the noise emanating from a neighbouring room of the guest house, wherein two Italian girls gave no consideration to the other guests and played loud music at 2am! Spoke to Wendy about this, and was assured there would be no further issues.

Overall, a very pleasing, warm, spacious and comfortable service, with very friendly and helpful staff. The guest house is located very close to Manzoni metro station, in a very quiet area and at least a 15 minute walk to the Colosseum.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank YaseenKhalilov2017
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

We didn't feel safe waiting outside the 'bed and breakfast' and cancelled the booking soon after they told us that they told us we can serve our own breakfast. We informed them of our flight details, and kept them informed when our flight was delayed. There was no sign outside and area was all graffitid. We waited on the street for the owner to arrive, after I had called him he said he would be 5 minutes, 5 minutes later he sent a message to say he would be a further 5 minutes, and didn't arrive until 15 minutes after that message. As it was late in the evening, dark and very unwelcoming for new arrivals, we felt too uncomfortable to linger on a dark street in an unknown country with our belongings and the euros we had brought for the trip after a long travel and a delayed flight. The only benefit this 'bed & breakfast' has is the well-lit hotel up the road which was far cheaper, 24hr desk and very very helpful staff. Upon cancelling the booking all the owner had to say was that they will be charging us for the inconvenience. Please avoid if you want a stress free break away as they have no customer service or compassion for guests that have travelled from all over the world and choose to stay with them.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2016

This bed and breakfast is in a very good location in walking distance to the colosseum. When we arrived no one was there even though we had arranged a late check in. We had to call a number written on a piece of paper and stuck to the door. Two men then came round the corner saying the person with the keys would be here in a minute which was very disconcerting as a group of 3 19 year old girls in a foreign country! The man then arrived and let us in. He was very lovely and friendly. He helped one of us take our case down the stairs leaving the other two of us to struggle with ours after a long journey. The actual bed and breakfast was located in the basement of the building which was very unusual but not really an issue. As a group of teens we weren't awake early enough to try the breakfast or have our room cleaned. But when we requested they come later in the day to clean this was not an issue and they were very nice about it. The only real issue we had was 2/3 nights in to our week stay when the radiator came on in our room and we had no idea how to turn it off! And after long days site seeing in the intense heat this is not what we needed! We struggled with this for 3 nights and could never even find anyone to ask about the issue. Eventually the issue resolved itself so we can only imagine another room had the same issue and they managed to find someone to notify. Very cute b & b with extremely friendly and helpful staff when they could be located! We even struggled to find someone to pay our bill at the end of the week!

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 24 May 2016

first they charged double. I pay 183€ in booking.ie and they charged additional 120€ for the service (don't know what service??? they still didn't confirm it) and 40€ city charge. for 345€ I was able to get proper hotel not just a room in the basement. I requested to cancel my booking as it was still 10days before arriving but communication was poor. they promised me 20€ discount but didn't give it as well. It was getting very noisy in the morning so no sleep from 5am. it was not possible to open the window because of mosquitoes and also because our window was the ground level, so dogs, cats and people were walking just beside my bed. and with the closed window it was unbelievably hot. it was very bad experience as it cost me more than I can afford and after my few days in Rome I was happy to go back home and have proper sleep.

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank Reda G
Reviewed 3 January 2016

There is no wifi, there is no staff and the owner whose name I forgot started to argue. They are like mafia.This hostel is underground and the price is the same us a 3 star hotel next to it.. We stayed only 1 night the other day the uneducated owner told us leave the room or sleep in a double bed and on a sofa with 4 people. It was so disrespectful.We went to 3 star hotel next to this which was great with the same price.

Date of stay: December 2015