“Beyond Excellence”

Ranked #8,487 of 13,794 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

Having missed the intended restaurant my wife and I decided to scout around and we came across La Casetta. Seemed quiet as we walked in and there was an initial feeling of uncertainty which was soon overcome by a warm welcome from a very kind gentleman who didn't speak a word of English and yet made every effort to communicate with us.

This appears to be a family run restaurant with very experienced people. We were treated with respect and kindness. The food was cooked to perfection. It did feel like we'd gone back in time to the 50s but in a good way.

Overall we had a warm welcome and a great tasting meal, an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

I was there with friends and I was eating fish, I want to explain that I'm a fish lover Because I grow up in Island of Rhodes, said that the fish was nothing special too much oil not olive oil, and in the mean time the person after me was eating carbonara and was much better...however when you don't pay you can't blame but I'm a reviewer so.....not bad but not special....

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This evening I went for the first time to the restaurant, with my family.They were already been there before. He first impression is very positive: welcoming, friendly, they gave us a seat before the opening time of the restaurant. Good service of the waiter, then. I decided to order " sauté di cozze" and , as main dish fish: " scorfano": (7 euros). The sauté was tasty and abundant. There was a mossel which was gone bad and with a worm iniside; but, as the waiter said, it can happen. Because the scorfano was not available, the owner suggested me another fish, a Pezzogna. The fish arrived and it was tasty. When the bill came, I found that the price of the fish was 42 euros. Therefore, I went to discuss with the owner, pointing out that I had chosen before a fish of 7 euros, and that in alternative I should have suggested me a fish more or less equivalent in price. Would I had known the price of the fish , I would have not taken it. Moreover, I realised that the price of the fish was about 8 euros per 100 grams, which is very high and equivalent to the price for a astice in that restaurant. I find that the attitude shown by the owner has been unprofessional, and he has taken advantage of my trust for proposing me a fish much more expensive of the one I had chosen, which was not available that day. I paid but I will not come back, and do not recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

First impression the restaurant seems very nice and in a niche area. However after you sit down you notice the dirty walls, water running down past the pictures and dust. When I saw the family and waiters that ran the restaurant, on my way in, I was immediately reminded of Gordon Ramsey's restaurant nightmares. The bread we were given was stale and the olive was horrible. The taste made my mouth itch. When the food came it looked disgusting. It tasted bland and was not fresh. After the main course I decided to cut my losses, pay and leave. However the night hadn't finished because I spent the evening throwing up and on the toilet due to food poisoning. All the guest from my party experienced similar symptoms. I would avoid this restaurant at all costs.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is a lovely little place just a short walk through a beautiful, quiet neighborhood from Relais 6, our hotel. We weren't all that hungry so we can't comment extensively on the food, but what we did have was excellent. My wife had a veal cutlet, which was her favorite meal of our whole one-week stay in Rome. I had some tasty spaghetti and a very good veal dish as well. The tiramisu, made by the restaurant's matriarch, was the best we had In Rome. The service - carried on by the entire delightful family - was very friendly and efficient. We got free samples of their focaccia and home-made lemoncella cream, both of which were excellent. We loved the atmosphere, the lighting, the whole feel of the place. It was also very neat and clean. The pride of ownership was obvious.

2  Thank Golfer88