All reviews rental car the nearest metro station bus stop battistini cornelia colosseum
Reviewed 10 May 2017

This was a nice hotel for a great price and I enjoyed exploring Rome from here. I really appreciated the warm welcome from Adriano at the front desk and the upgrade for my IHG membership was nice -- a complimentary access to the lovely buffet breakfast with local offerings. They were also very helpful in calling me taxis and the taxis always arrived very quickly. The rooms were basic but comfortable and the housekeeping did an excellent job, with one of the housekeepers even welcoming me on my way in. I also thought the in-room dining menu was well-priced and the local food offerings looked delicious, although I did not have time to try them. There was also a McDonald's and a little convenience store nearby.

Because of the great price I did not feel bad paying for a taxi to get to the Vatican and to the Pantheon/Colosseum and back to the airport. I think I would have paid about the same for a taxi at a more expensive hotel in any other part of Rome, so it was nice to be in a quiet suburb area. The taxi from the airport cost about 50 Euros, the taxi to the Colosseum/Pantheon area was about 15 Euro and the taxi to the Vatican also about 15 Euro. They do also have a shuttle to the metro so you can save money, which was a nice option I would have used if I had more time in Rome.

I thought it was a nice touch that the hotel offered to arrange a private limo transfer from the airport for the same price as a taxi if I had sent them my information via email.

Thanks for a great stay, I hope to come back to Rome and stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank pilotwifelife
ROMVA, manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear pilorwifelife,

Thank you very much for your review we will forward to Adriano and to all our staff your experience. We are proud when a guest feel at home . Your review will be push us to improuve service more and more.

We wait for you on your next stay.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

This hotel is a clean and Cosy hotel. for 3 people 1 kid and 2 adults we took a family room. although it says 5 people can stay if 5 people were to stay it would have been crowded. since it was just the 3 of us the room was good, with the attached kids room.
the Hotel service was also good. however since this is a not a holiday inn Express, the paid breakfast was not up to the same expected standard as other Holiday Inn's. it was more like the express breakfast, therefore it was disappointing. the shuttle bus to the metro also does not operate from early morning and stops mid day for a few hours. this is also a bit disappointing.
we anyway found the Metro in Rome to the very unsafe as we nearly got mugged. therefore took a taxi to go around, which was rather fast and Rome being a small city you can get around for 15-20 Euros anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruwanthi F
ROMVA, Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Ruwanthi,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for if our brekafst did not meet your expectation. we will take in consideration your opinon and sharing with our staff. The shuttle service leaves at prexied schedule and we try to cover all the rushtime.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

The property is good. Neat rooms, clean sheets and towels. Courteous and helpful front desk staff. So, what's the problem? First off, this is far from anywhere. Granted it has got a full-size hypermarket a short hop away, but other than that, there's nothing much to entice a tourist. The only archaeological marvel would be a half finished building just outside its fence. Second, it's a four star,- but not the way you would assume if you come from the Middle East. It's spartan at best, but then, so are most other four stars in Europe.

Pros
Neat and clean property.
Actually helpful staff.
Usable wifi.

Cons
Bathroom, though clean, seems to have been designed by someone on the wrong side of sobriety. The position of the shower, the exquisite compactness of the shower, et al, seem awkward.
Limited connectivity to anywhere. You have a shuttle to the metro, but that's a good fifteen minute ride.
Limited anything-to-see. In fact, there is nothing to see here.
Breakfast is challenging due to its (lack of) variety.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear praveenvelath,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your stay experience with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate your positive feedback on the cleanliness of the hotel and our helpful staff. However, it is regrettable that the location of the hotel, the set up of the bathroom, and your breakfast experience did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be improved. I have this information documented and it will be forwarded to the hotel management for evaluation and to take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional accommodation on your next visit.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel is great little hotel. Set off a main road but far enough that you don't get all the noise of the traffic. Not close enough to walk to the metro or into Rome but it does have shuttles running to the nearest metro station which are very useful though do cost €4 for a return. All staff members were very kind and helpful and answered any questions we had. The bar is nice just to have a sit down and a drink at the end of the night at decent prices. The rooms were great the beds were very comfortable and me and my partner had great nights sleep. There's a kettle on the room for tea and coffee, a safe, tv and good storage space. The bathroom was a good size aswell with a bath and shower with the shower being really good. Breakfast was good aswell with a great choice of food and drink. All in all a great little hotel to stay at.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
ROMVA, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear valuted guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us we are proudly that our hotel and services satisfied your needs. We hope you will come to visit us for your next travel.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel due to my preferences as spire at IHG.

It's not a newest location but the most expected issues has been already explained at the website.

After some trouble during the first night, the general manager solved my problem immediately in the morning.

Great service at all.

The dinner was ok, breakfast is standard continental, the shuttle to the tube is a really nice offer and service.

Recommendation of this location, specially for a family stay

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family