All reviewsrental carthe nearest metro stationbus stopbattistinicorneliacolosseum
Reviewed 23 June 2017

we recently visited this hotel as the trip was a surprise from my partner for my birthday. You are far better staying in town as this hotel is not a place you can walk to and the taxi to the edge of city costs £24 euros each way plus the inconvenience. The bus only runs every hour and that isn't all day just bits of the day. We arrived and were told our room was two single beds but they would change it which was fine . we spent the afternoon and evening out but when we returned we turned on the TV and nothing. my partner went to reception and a workman came up, the power had gone so he fixed it. so I went to clean my teeth and it was then I noticed the water pouring out of the bottom of the sink as the pipes had all come apart from the gaffer tape holing them together. we called reception again and we got back in our clothes from our nightwear. The workman came back and said he couldn't fix it and to put towels down. so we thought we would have a cup of tea and you guessed it the kettle didn't work at which point we gave up.the next day we called reception and the receptionist asked me what i wanted her to do. I said a cup of tea would be nice and she did send up croissants too but as the last bus was able to leave at 11 we had to leave them. That day my partner proposed to me as he had planned but he was gutted . we work hard and life is a struggle. he wanted this to be so special but the hotel was a disaster. Plus the pool was closed all the duration we were there and a medical conference so everywhere was full of tables and medical displays. We have complained to holiday inn complaints and they have come back saying the hotel offered us drinks by the pool and the pool was open which is completely untrue.This was meant to be such a special time and it was as my proposal was the most romantic ever just a shame the hotel let his fabulous surprise down.

Room Tip: don't go in the first place
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
ROMVA, Revneue Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Valueted guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for incovenience occured if your birthday was not pleaseant as could be. General this is not our normal standard. We will take care of your comment and forward to Gm and all to our staff in order to improuve service.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We where visinting and the hotel was an optin as their hotels are always an option but this time not the best one. The hotel is far away from everything, was not a big problem for us as we where with a car but without one it is difficult to move around. The personal is very nice. The hotel is clean but old and the internet connection is quite bad.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Hi Corina T,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the service provided by our staff. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with the condition of our hotel and the internet connection. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Worst holiday inn I've ever stayed at. It's no where near anything but a McDonald's, the food is terrible and the service is bad - the staff call you a liar when you ask why the website doesn't show the pool is closed.

We only booked here because of the pool and it's filthy and not open... covered in mildew and there are signs everywhere pointing to it, but it's closed. Complete waste of money.

Managers are useless - their alternative was to take taxis to the crowne plaza and use their facilities, but nowhere to change and dry off... ridiculous idea!

Breakfast was limited supply and they always ran out of the ham and cheese, they took a long Time to replenish it.

The rooms are old and outdated and there is nowhere to sit comfortably in the suites because they only have poor quality small chairs without a back to lean on, or a couch with no back - so leaning against the wall.

The air conditioning didn't work in the room.

The shuttle to the metro is old, leaves late and parks in an unsafe location at the last metro station. For a €4 return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Hi robkay123,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for being an IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite member. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and it is with regret to know that we were not able to meet your expectations of the IHG brand when it comes to customer service delivered, room accommodations provided, and breakfast options offered. I also regret the inconvenience you had due to the unavailability of the pool. In line with this, I have sent you a private message to further discuss your comments.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 May 2017

This was a nice hotel for a great price and I enjoyed exploring Rome from here. I really appreciated the warm welcome from Adriano at the front desk and the upgrade for my IHG membership was nice -- a complimentary access to the lovely buffet breakfast with local offerings. They were also very helpful in calling me taxis and the taxis always arrived very quickly. The rooms were basic but comfortable and the housekeeping did an excellent job, with one of the housekeepers even welcoming me on my way in. I also thought the in-room dining menu was well-priced and the local food offerings looked delicious, although I did not have time to try them. There was also a McDonald's and a little convenience store nearby.

Because of the great price I did not feel bad paying for a taxi to get to the Vatican and to the Pantheon/Colosseum and back to the airport. I think I would have paid about the same for a taxi at a more expensive hotel in any other part of Rome, so it was nice to be in a quiet suburb area. The taxi from the airport cost about 50 Euros, the taxi to the Colosseum/Pantheon area was about 15 Euro and the taxi to the Vatican also about 15 Euro. They do also have a shuttle to the metro so you can save money, which was a nice option I would have used if I had more time in Rome.

I thought it was a nice touch that the hotel offered to arrange a private limo transfer from the airport for the same price as a taxi if I had sent them my information via email.

Thanks for a great stay, I hope to come back to Rome and stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank pilotwifelife
ROMVA, manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear pilorwifelife,

Thank you very much for your review we will forward to Adriano and to all our staff your experience. We are proud when a guest feel at home . Your review will be push us to improuve service more and more.

We wait for you on your next stay.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

This hotel is a clean and Cosy hotel. for 3 people 1 kid and 2 adults we took a family room. although it says 5 people can stay if 5 people were to stay it would have been crowded. since it was just the 3 of us the room was good, with the attached kids room.
the Hotel service was also good. however since this is a not a holiday inn Express, the paid breakfast was not up to the same expected standard as other Holiday Inn's. it was more like the express breakfast, therefore it was disappointing. the shuttle bus to the metro also does not operate from early morning and stops mid day for a few hours. this is also a bit disappointing.
we anyway found the Metro in Rome to the very unsafe as we nearly got mugged. therefore took a taxi to go around, which was rather fast and Rome being a small city you can get around for 15-20 Euros anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruwanthi F
ROMVA, Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Ruwanthi,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for if our brekafst did not meet your expectation. we will take in consideration your opinon and sharing with our staff. The shuttle service leaves at prexied schedule and we try to cover all the rushtime.