Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia
Condotti Hotel(Rome)
US$144
US$135
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
  • Bar/Lounge
US$847
US$557
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2010

Overall good hotel. Hotel is far from city center (main tourist area) but they run complimentary shuttle between hotel and main tourist places. Shuttle is available for pick up also.
Good food in restaurant, complimentary broadband internet. Overall good value for money

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 February 2010

My wife and I travelled to Rome over new years this year. We booked this hotel due to the savings (we got it for $100 Cdn./night). After reading the reviews about the hotel being so far from everything and in the middle of nowhere, I was concerned. However after arriving we found it to be a great place to stay. I will agree with the reviews saying that its away from the city center. However it has the free shuttle which we used everyday. You could stay closer but you end up doing the same amount of walking anyhow. My wife and I are around 30 and in good shape so we spend the whole day out walking. At the bottom of the hill there is a Mcdonalds a gas station, coffee shop and a grocery store. So its not like you are completely isolated. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It was nice waking up and having breakfast then hopping on the shuttle for another day out.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank roadmap12
Reviewed 16 November 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights in November 2009 for a business meeting. Stayed in room 315. Overall, I was pleased with the hotel. My room was relatively newly furnished and quite clean - as was the bathroom. From a business meeting standpoint, I would stay again, however this hotel is no where close to downtown Rome. You will need the hotel shuttle, taxi (about 20 Euros) or bus to city center. As usualy, the Good, Bad, and Ugly....

Good
- Cleanliness of hotel. Everything was quite clean including my entire room.
- Comfort of bed. The king size bed was firm and comfortable.
- There were extra pillows of varying firmness in the closet.
- Breakfast/lunch - the offerings were basic, but quite nice. I think most people can find something that suits their taste.
- Hotel offered a very nice shuttle bus into the city various times each day. A nice and appreciated touch.
- Business facilities. I rented a room for a meeting that met my expectations. The staff did a nice job in helping me arrange the room and in ensuring everything was to my liking.
- Bar was stocked with various favorite beverages and the bar manager was super nice, always meeting our needs. She was a great representative for the hotel, chatting with us about Rome and the area.
- Room 315. Very basic and on the small side, but quiet and clean. Shower and bathroom was fine, if not a bit cramped.

Bad
- Although I knew this, the hotel is not close to city center.
- Can't really walk anywhere from this hotel as it sits on a hill along a busy roadway (you will not hear the cars or at least I did not from my room.)

Ugly
- Nothing. :)

Again, I would recommend this hotel if you needed it for a specific reason, however I do not think it's a great place to stay when traveling to Rome if you like to walk to/from your hotel because that will not be possible.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We would like to say a big thankyou to all the staff for a friendly & hlpfull aproach to customers Reception wer efficiant the Bar staff did everything with a smile & nothing was too much trouble. As for the Resaurant staff I have never been served & entertained by people so humerous & friendly nothing was too much trouble for them & seemed to know what you wanted & moved Quickley to help. It was a delight to be served by every one there specialy Marco & Franco. Thank you Every one A Great experiance of Roman Hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Stayed in the hotel for two nights in Sept 2009. Arrived from Florence by train and reached the main station [Roma Termini]. Called the hotel and took directions from the english speaking person. You first have to take the underground Metro to Cornelia station and then take bus 246 which drops you near the hotel. Since the hotel is located on slightly higher ground, the drive way is slightly long and winding and walking from the bus stand takes about 15 min with luggage.
It is a good idea to take a full day pass [costs 4 EUR] when you buy the first ticket from roma termini. the ticket works on all metro trains and buses for the full day. Alternatively, each ticket costs EUR 1 per journey. While going back, we had to go to the airport. A taxi costs EUR 50 but if you take the bus back to Cornelia then you could catch the bus to the Fumicino airport from the cornelia main station [also called the leonardo da vinci airport] which costs only about EUR 3.5 per head. These buses are not very well known but they start from the cornelia bus station and are very comfortable [I think the bus company is called COTRAL .... not sure].
The hotel itself was quite comfortable. the room was relatively small in size but was clean and airconditioned. the only drawback in the room was the non availability of an electronic safe. One had to use the one located at the reception.
There is a free hotel shuttle which takes you to the Vatican and the main city at regular intervals. You can take one at 10 to go down to the city and come back by the last one which leaves the city at 9 in the night. It is a good arrangement.
The breakfast was OK .... as expected in a Holiday Inn hotel.
The front office staff is quite friendly esp. a gentleman called Andreas.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple