Hotel Genova
Hotel Navona(Rome)
US$143
US$114
Agoda.com
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$142
Travelocity
US$848
US$389
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationnear termininice hotelwithin walking distancefront desk staffbusy streetthe hotel managerhop on hoptop floortwo blocksstayed at this hotel for nightsthe air conditioningmain attractionssight seeingdouble roompastriestrevi fountain
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Just had a long weekend in Rome and we decided to stay at Hotel Genova. We took the train from the airport to Termini and Genova was no more than a 6 minute walk which was great. Checked in quickly and efficiently and left our cases with the concierge and headed out for lunch. Claudio on reception suggested a lunch venue and gave us a note for free lemon cello. Just to add, Claudio was extremely helpful throughout our stay, arranged bus tickets and taxis so all in all provided great service.

The room was clean, comfortable and spacious and we had an outside terrace which was lovely. Overall the hotel is well located with lots of bars and restaurants nearby and the centre is only a 25 minute walk. Buffet style breakfast was provided each morning which made for a good start to the day. The hotel has a nice atmosphere and I felt that it was well ran. I would also like to mention Ricardo who I didn't meet whilst staying at the hotel, however, he arranged for some clothes that my Wife left behind to be posted on to the UK. I would without doubt stay here again when I go back to Rome.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ClaudioPiraino, Direttore at Hotel Genova, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear guest
I thanks from Claudio & Riccardo.
They remember you as two nice and gentle clients.
I hope I will have chance to meet you on your next stay in Rome.
With my best regards.
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

On arrival it looked as if our rooms had been double booked but the hotel Manager, CLAUDIO, did all he could to keep us and our 2 friends together. Whilst we had a very enjoyable rooftop lunch at a restaurant he recommended, Claudio sorted the problem.
My wife and I were given a beautifully newly renovated room which had been done to the highest standard. OK there was no view as it looked into the back area of the hotel but the quality and comfort of the room made up for that, plus you don't want to spend too much time in your room when Rome is there for you! The bed was big and comfortable, subdued lighting, rain shower in the delightful bathroom and plenty of cloths storage. Also the essential safe.
Breakfast was a buffet with a plentiful selection.
This hotel is close to the railway station/bus station and surrounded with good restaurants. Walking to the main attractions takes 15 - 20 minutes but is all downhill!
Claudio was very helpful with recommendations as well.
Some of the reviews below are very severe but we can only comment to how we found the hotel and staff and that was excellent.

Room Tip: Room 608 was newly renovated but no view. If that doesnt bother you then try it.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comment.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2017

very well located for transports, hotel is new, rooms are very large and clean. breakfast is average (it could be better) no restaurant in the hotel so better to go out for lunch and dinner. staff were nice but not very helpful and no service at night in case you need more amenities or something else ( our room has no conditioner) and couldn't get an answer even if they have it

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
ClaudioPiraino, Direttore at Hotel Genova, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

The air conditioning of the hotel is centralized and we had a problem with the engine.Now it has been reactivated.
I hope you give me another chance to show you a better service.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived after a super long day of travel and all we wanted to do was to check in and clean ourselves up.

We arrived at 1pm and the lady stated that we would have to wait until 2pm to check in which is fair. We were exhausted while carrying out luggage so decided to sit in the lobby to wait. We waited until 210pm and tried to check in. We could not get a room with the sane lady stating that check in "starts" at 2pm but is not guaranteed because people check out at 12pm.....this does not make sense to me.

What doesn't make sense even more so is that the old ladies ahead of us that arrived at 1pm also got rooms....plural...at 130pm....maybe because they spoke Italian? Maybe because of something else but still suspicious.

Never again. Thanks.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew C
ClaudioPiraino, Direttore at Hotel Genova, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Andrew
my apologies regarding the matter.
I hope you will give us another chance to
to prove that we can do better.
Sorry again....
Claudio Piraino.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

My husband and I had booked with Hotel Genova through an agent from September 13 till 17, unfortunately I had to cancel due to an emergency. When I informed the agency (local agent), he advised me that the booking was non-refundable and I had to pay the entire 4 nights. I contacted the hotel directly, and was referred to the Hotel Manager, Mr. Claudio Piraino, I must say that he was extremely helpful and was able to cancel my stay, except for one night, which is completely fair. His communication was super fast and extremely polite. Although I didn't go to Rome this time, I will definitely stay there in my next trip!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
ClaudioPiraino, Direttore at Hotel Genova, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Michelle
our work is always aimed at the client's attention and we always try to satisfy all his needs so that his stay at our Genova is always up to their expectations.
I thank you very much and I hope one day to meet you at the Genova Hotel.
Hotel Manager.