See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Couldn't find it right away, we walked past it, the sign was small. Also the dark stairwell worried me at first, but apparently this is normal for a lot of old buildings in Rome!

Went to check in at termini on the third floor, but a man came and helpfully informed us we should check in downstairs on the second floor at hotel Cherubini.
Once we checked in, we were actually given rooms in Cherubini.

They were big, spacious, bright, light, and clean. It was lovely to throw open the windows and look down on the busy streets of Rome!
The air-con worked a dream. The bathroom had a shower, toilet and bidet, the shelf was broken above the sink, but not the end of the world.

The worst parts:
1. the wifi - couldn't access it half the time, had to stand in odd areas of the room.
2. the toilet was extremely noisy filling the cistern - quite annoying for my boyfriend as I get up a Couple of times in the night to use the toilet!!
3. The mattress.... I slept like a log because I was so tired from all the walking.... But by the week had a terrible aching back!!!! Was glad to get home to my pocket spring mattress after 5 nights on that thing!!

However, it was fine, we didn't spend much time in the hotel, wasn't expecting to - we were there to sightsee, and to see the Black Keys in concert at Rock in Roma.

Staff were friendly, gave us directions as much as they could, and sheets were changed daily. New towels were provided if we left them on the bed or in the shower.

I would book again for the price, convenient location, and it's just somewhere to rest your head really!!!

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank jynnay
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We booked this hotel because of its location. There are so many hotels nearby but they didn't look as good on the Internet. This one was rated as 4 stars and I think we would give it a rating close to that. The staff were all pleasant and efficient, our room was attractive, clean and had everything we needed. Nice bathroom, air conditioning, high ceilings with a little character and not a bad view. The only problem we had was with the elevators- you can't see the numbers! (white on white, almost invisible). We had dinner in the little outside terrace- lovely staff but mediocre food.

Room tip: I think we picked an 'economy room' but it was quite spacious and better than we had expected. The price through booking.com (we booked very early) was 119 euros.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz F
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Booked this hotel thru Tripadvisor. Found it easily enough & knew we would have to book in at another hotel two blocks away. So far so good. We went to this hotel purely to locate it, and it occupied 3rd floor of a block of I think 5 floors, all hotels (one different hotel on each floor). A notice on the door advised us to call downstairs, at Hotel Cherubini on the 2nd floor. So I went downstairs & explained that I had a booking and that I was here for Termini Hotel. Language was a problem as I don't speak Italian well, and the clerk spoke poor English. However, 5 minutes later, I was booked in a Cherubini Hotel & not Termini hotel. Therefore I cannot really rate this hotel and one star may be unfair, but there was not phone number no communications from them, no ....nothing. As I hadn't paid for it , it made no difference to me & fiancé whether we stayed on the 2nd or 3rd floor of a block containing hotels. The area is dodgy, plenty of beggars & urchins. Its ok for students, money saving trips etc, but NOT for families or couples

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank penguin001
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We booked this hotel because we were staying only one night at Rome since we were heading back from Florence and leaving to Greece early in the morning. You need to be aware that you must check in in another hotel Piram at two blocks at your right from Hotel Termini. The neighborhood is not very nice, so me and my fiancee were a little bit scared. After we did our check in we went to Hotel Termini which is located at the third floor. The rooms are OK, but the queen bed is a little bit small. Bathrooms is OK and clean, there was no breakfast. It´s OK if you are staying for the night and want to save some costs.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank camifromchile
Reviewed 29 November 2013

As for the price I have paid (19 euro+3euro city tax) and a room for one night only it was very good. Clear, next to Termini station. It was quite noisy but I didn't heard anything becouse of my tiredness.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Liudmyla V