La Controra Hostel Rome
  • Pool
  • Pool
Deko Rome(Rome)
View Hotel
All reviewsbed dormfree wifiimportant attractionsgreat locationclose to the main train stationwalking distanceprivate bathroommain attractionstrevi fountain and spanish stepswould stay here againminute walkstayed for nightstea and coffeecentral locationvatican citysuitcasesmarco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

It was a short stay In Rome but I had a wonderful time .One of the reasons that made it so was La Controra, as it was all clean and neat with a quiet atmosphere. The staff were fantastic especially Marwa who helped with all what I needed to know about the places to visit and eat. It has a great value for money and I would definitely come back if I have the chance again and I highly recommend it .

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff are so friendly and helpful, they really made the experience great for me. We cooked a lot, hung out together and met travelers from all over. The beds are comfortable and the place is clean. Free breakfast is a plus. The location is good too, just 10 minutes walking from Roma Termini (in a nice safe area), 10 minutes from Villa Borghese park, 5 minutes from an ATM and grocery store, and 10 minutes from 2 metro stops. Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed 17 January 2016

The hostel was conveniently located only about a block from the underground station which was really nice for getting around to different tourist attractions. The four bedroom mixed dorm we stayed in was nice and clean and provided lockers for us to store our backpacks. Wifi worked well. Our only problem was that there didn't seem to be enough outlets for us and the other two guests to all plug in our phones or other devices. Breakfast was included but I don't think they should necessarily say that because it was really only toast. The staff were nice and friendly. Just FYI - there are about 3 flights of stairs to walk up in order to get to the hostel.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I stayed three nights in a shared room for two people, and it was very spacious, clean and the bathroom looked very new.

This is a pretty small hostel with limited front desk hours, so there is little "communal hostel feel". However breakfast was nice, and provides good chance to commune on a small table with other guests, just like a dining room in someone's home. This shared space also had computers and a couple of bean bags and a large tv.

The staff were all very helpful, warm and friendly. They even helped me carry and store my rental bicycle, and gave me HEAPS of tips to help plan my next stop in Naples. There is a small courtyard but hostel guests have limited use of this space as the neighbours are not very welcoming of the fact that there is a hostel in what is considered a prime neighbourhood,

In conclusion, the rooms and staff are great, and I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The 2-person shared room is extremely spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2016

I stayed at La Controra Hostel for 4 nights. It was a very nice hostel. It is very clean and the beds are comfortable for bunk beds. It is in the business district - away from the hustle and bustle, however it is still very easy to walk to all of the main attractions. The staff are friendly and are eager to help with any queries. La Controra is a quiet hostel - which is perfect if you have a full day of sightseeing and just want somewhere quiet to rest. If you are looking for a party hostel it probably isn't the best place for you.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo