“Do not go there as long as you have a car nonsense four star hotel”
Review of Princess Hotel

Princess Hotel
Ranked #1,110 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 27 June 2015

This hotel is located in suburban area called Cornellia please remember because you have to change to another bus 264 right after you got out from metro station you have to get out from after three stop and you still need to cross the street to get there after a mile walk. The hotel employ is not kind except my house keeper (I tipped her every day) they charged city tax which is 6euro per night so I had to pay 48 Euro.( non sense) for the continental breakfast they hardly provide any but worst thing is they insult you with a nice tone of voice. "Madam your room is not include breakfast what is your room number?" I showed them my print of receipt and they said there is something wrong with their computer and two days later with another host said " sorry madam your room is not include your breakfast." I was really insult by this comment yes it is my fault that I choose four star hotel without looking at the review but they were so mean. This is my honeymoon I deserved better but they treated me like a scavenger who like to steal free meal from the hotel not just once but twice. Furthermore food is so terrible I would rather choose a plain crossaint from Costco from the state not preserved sweet one. Juice is so fake that you can see clear water and you will taste left over canned fruit.
This morning we didn't know Rome metro is on strike but no one mentioned about it and I missed the train. I know it is my fault that I can understand any Italian but how come none of th hotel management give any notice. Because of irresponsible of some of people in Rome I never want to come back here. By the way they provide free wifi but it doesn't work. The pool has so much regulation.

Room Tip: Cheap food too much group tours hardly no internet available in your room
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue K

Reviewed 18 June 2015

I honestly don't know why people are complaining about this hotel, its not expensive to stay here, the rooms are cleaned daily to a standard that is more than exceptable, the breakfast was more than enough, for the price, we were expecting cereal and toast but got a lot more. The staff were amazing, especially Danilo, we had a problem with our transfer and he kindly called the company for us and sorted everything for us. Really appreciated it. Then only problem we incured (which wasn't the hotel's fault but our providers) was that the swimming pool doesn't open until the following Monday.

So basically:

If your a snob or lazy this place is not for you.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

This hotel has seen better days.
It isn't central and it's better to use it if you have your own transport or are on a tour. It's in a a quiet area away from the mad noisy traffic that characterizes Rome.
The wall-mounted hairdryer is almost ineffective.
The a/c is noisy with the sound of dripping water but it's effective.
No tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
Reception staff are efficient, welcoming and helpful.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2015

This hotel is close to a bus route and not far to walk to the Metro and fairly decent restaurants. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable although the front rooms did suffer a great deal of noise from the coach parties arriving and leaving. There are two breakfast rooms, one for the coach parties and one for general travelers which was very civilized.
We did expect a swimming pool, which is part of the reason we chose it, as the temperature was in the 30s but the hours are so limited I doubt we would have used it. (I enjoy a swim before breakfast).
Be aware of the city tax which has to be paid at the hotel before you leave. I booked through hotels.com and my receipt stated paid in full so the staff did not get a tip because I needed money for the tax, E6 per person per night.
We met very few English during our 5 day stay in Rome so we were happy to practice and improve our Italian.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back it is quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2015

Things that are good about this hotel:
- the sofas in the foyer are comfy
- its cheap

Things that suck about this hotel:
- If you get the tube to the centre it's a 20 min walk and a 20 min tube journey
- the décor hasn't been updated since at least the 70s
- you are not promised hot water in the shower
- they charge you tax for staying there on top of what you've already paid
- the rooms are cleaned daily but not to a high standard
- the beds are small and uncomfortable
- the pillow cases stink
- the toilet may leak
- the walls are thin (could hear next door clealy)
- the swimming pool is open for 2 months out of the year

Please avoid, you can do better then this heap of turd

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends