All reviews close to the vatican peter's basilica lepanto station rooftop terrace within walking distance mini bar the hotel staff rooms are small quiet location coffee machine trevi fountain piazza europe sights map
Reviewed 20 June 2017

This is a tourist style hotel conveniently located to sights of central Rome and the Vatican City. The staff are pleasant. The rooms are small and reasonably clean. The rooftop bar has a wonderful view of St Peter's dome light up at night. The vending m/c on the rooftop terrace wasn't working during my stay. Breakfast was good by Italian standards with a good range and quality except anything other than filter coffee had to be ordered separately. My major issue was the A/C was non-existent in my room on a recent business trip which made it difficult to sleep in Roman summer temperatures. Also arriving late requires going out locally to get food or a drink.

Room Tip: Ask for a terrace or room on fifth floor with a Vatican view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Booked this hotel for a business trip some weeks in advance. On check in I was told that there was a problem with the booking and that they had been trying to contact me all day. (I had received no calls or emails, nor had the agency I booked through.) They had however booked me into another hotel 400m away. They offered to pay for a taxi, but provided no explanation as to why the booking could not be honoured, despite booking confirmations etc. The alternative hotel was not of an equivalent style or grade despite being listed as 4 star.

Would strongly recommend re-confirming your booking with the hotel on the day of travel. The lack of explanation and poor attempts to contact me made me very cynical about this situation.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank holl3411
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I wish I could have given this hotel 2.5 stars. The hotel staff is rude, except for the young lady who was frantically keeping food on the buffet table for breakfast. The rooms are okay. We were lucky enough to have a room with a small little terrace but not all rooms have them. The best thing about the hotel is the rooftop terrace where you can see the top of St. Peter's Basilica. The coffee machine and beer cooler on the terrace were not working. We stopped by a little grocery store to get our own stuff.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a terrace
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in Holy Week when Rome is very busy. The location is ideal, near enough to walk to the metro, buses, or straight to beautiful places, but in a quiet residential area. The rooms are clean and traditional, breakfast lovely and there was plenty of it! We will definitely stay here again if/when we come back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2017

This is a quiet, nice hotel with helpful staff. Our shower head didn't work, but we had a wand. The location was ok for us, as we only had one day where we went down to the main tourist locations (Colosseum area) and we took a taxi. The breakfast was good. The rooms are clean. If you are going to use the metro or buses a lot, then I would not recommend this hotel location. We did not realize that early April was the Rome Marathon, which was right by this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple