“Wonderful and Quaint”
Review of Hotel Farnese

Hotel Farnese
Ranked #153 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I booked this room for my 27 year old son as he was arriving in Rome a day before us. We had stayed at Hotel Farnese about 10 years ago and still had fond memories if it. My son said the staff was so kind,helpful, and pleasant. The breakfast spread was still fabulous. We all love the Prati neighborhood. I would recommend staying at Hotel Farnese in lieu of a big chain hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
FarneseRome, Direttore at Hotel Farnese, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review! All the staff is happy to know they exceeded your expectations once again with the hotel and the service received.
We appreciate your kind words and hope you will come back soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 December 2016

I was just one night beacuse then I had to go to Termini station. The clean and quiet room helped my night. Very kindly receptionists.

Location: when you go out, you are about 30 mt to Lepanto Station Metro A.

I advice to all, in patrticular for tourists.

Room Tip: I don't know.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the precious time you dedicated in sharing with the TripAdvisor Community your so positive comment on your recent stay with us at the Hotel Farnese.
We are very delighted to read you appreciated our hotel, especially the quality of our services and the location.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again!
Our best regards,

Reviewed 11 December 2016

For St.Andrews'Day, my parents gave me a great gift (as always): a vacation to Rome for the whole family. We stayed at Hotel Farnese and we've had a very pleasant time there, mainly thanks to:
- the very kind and helpful people in the reception (they helped us every day with taxi orders and city information);
- the lady serving in the breakfast hall was extremely kind - she also provided us very useful information about visiting the city; also, I have noticed that she was fluent in English and she was very polite and helpful with the American tourists that had breakfast in the same time with us;
- breakfast food was delicious - a very important aspect that has impressed me was the fact that I could find fresh oranges from Sicily and I could make my own fresh juice (I have visited many countries and stayed at 4 and 5 stars hotels, but they never served fresh juice - I had to order for a fresh orange juice).
I didn't like the fact that, in the last day of our stay, there was no more mozzarella at breakfast (we had mozzarella every of the previous days and that was great!). I think management staff should monitor better the food requests of the clients: never eliminate food that is requested and keep in the menu food that is not requested by too many customers!
-rooms are clean and elegant, though some are very small and don't have bedside tables. Towels were good because they absorb water very easily, BUT I had one towel that had holes in it (it was too old and torn) - I didn't like this at all! Also, the closet is too small and there are no wall hangers for the outdoor clothes in the room.

I have appreciated a lot all the Christmas decorations in the Reception hall and the elegant furniture.

I loved the hotel's exceptional location and most of all, the fact that I had a nice evening walk to Vatican (15 minutes on foot).To arrive at Vatican, we had to walk on a very animated shopping street (so, one can combine both shopping and visiting in a very pleasant way). Also, Hotel Farnese is close to Piazza del Popolo.
A useful tip for tired or lazy tourists: from the hotel, one can easily go everywhere in Rome by ordering Taxi Bianco (white taxi) - those are the ordinary taxi and the cheapest.Also, Taxi Bianco can be ordered to go to the airport - for Fiumicino airport (a car for 5 people), it was 50 euros.We have also used Taxi Bianco (ordered from the hotel) to go to Castel Romano Designer Outlet (30 km away from Rome).

I recommend this hotel, wholeheartedly, to everyone going to Rome!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel is 15 minutes walk from Via Del Corso, the main shopping street and right next to the metro. The style is very classic and Italian, and cozy. The Wi-Fi works very well. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the airport shuttle service is good. Only one problem though : the A/C seemed to always be on hot, which is annoying. Otherwise good stay.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review! Our entire team is happy to read that they exceeded your expectations with the hotel and the service received.
We appreciate your kind words and hope you will come back soon.
Yours sincerely,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Last minute booking here due to being cancelled by another hotel that is top rated on trip advisor. A very fortuitous event in the end. Small hotel in an old palazzo with a fabulous rooftop breakfast overlooking St Peters Basilica and the Vatican! Easy walking distance to many areas and underground train station around the corner! Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the precious time you dedicated in sharing with the TripAdvisor Community your so positive comments on your recent stay with us at the Hotel Farnese.
We are very delighted to read you appreciated our hotel, especially the location (near Vatican city) and the quality of our services.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again!
Our best regards,