“Very good host !”

and 1 more site!
Eco B&B Marela
Ranked #1,138 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My boyfriend and me stayed there one night for a week-end in Rome. The room was very clean, very modern with a massive bed and private ensuite. Michela was very accomodating, as soon as we arrived she told us very useful advices about the City and how to make the best of our week end ! Although the area is quite noisy, I thought the B&B itself was quiet and had a very nice sleep ! It's a bit further away from the city centre but it's only a 5 minute walk to tram and train going everywhere in the city. Very close to Trestavere with the tram ! The breakfast consisted of organic yoghurt, various cereals, toast, and cakes et very good coffee ! The only "problem" we had is that there was no shower gels/shampoo which is a bit annoying when you are only here for the night. Overall a good experience with a very good host !

Room Tip: I'll recommend to have the room with private ensuite for more privacy !
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PoissonMexicain

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Marela was the perfect host for our stay at her B&B. She fed us awesome breakfasts with homemade vegan baked goods every morning. The room had a very comfortable bed, air conditioning, and a balcony. Even though there were other guests in the flat and a shared bathroom, we felt like we had a lot of privacy.

The location is about a 10 minute walk from the subway, but very close to the bus and many places to eat or grab groceries.

Just make sure you tell her what time you will arrive because she is VERY busy!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SharonB0918
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I picked this B&B because of the price and location to where my daughter who is studying abroad was staying, I was traveling alone. I was a little apprehensive about going alone and I received several and very prompted responses from Michela to all my questions plus great directions. The building was secure the neighbors were very friendly, and I felt very safe. Michela was very accommodating as my dates changed at the last minute. The B&B was very clean the air conditioning worked great! I loved the neighborhood. The restaurant on the corner has the best roasted potatoes that I have ever eaten. I would Definitely recommend the Eco B&B Marela. I hope to return sometime soon. Thanks Michala for making my stay in Rome so nice!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank katie4travel
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The facilities were great,secure building,good breakfast facilities,varied and catering for vegetarians as well, working air-co and info about Rome.

The greatest treasure of the B & B is Michela, the hostess.

She is warm, friendly and a great source of info about Rome,she is very enthusiastic about her city, and she happily provides endless possibilities where to visit, eat, play and shop.

The restaurants she recommended and helped to book, were outstanding, and there is a 10% discount for those staying at the B & B at a nearby lunch place, which is popular with locals.

It would be worth staying at the B & B just for this "extra" service, apart from the welcoming residence itself.

Getting from the B & B to the ancient ruins of Ostia Antica (better preserved than Pompeii) is very easy, 3 stops by bus to the metro and a train ride to the ruins, the magnificent Basilica St. Paolo is also 3 bus stops away.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Extropian
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I first decided on this B&B because of its environmental awareness. There are so many wonderful things though. Transport is very easy as the bus is a 5 minute walk from getting out and bed and the metro is 10-15. The location in Trastvere is excellent as you are not in a touristy place. And of Course Michela is a wonderful host and extraordinarily helpful to identify place to see, eat and how to get there. The two restaurants she specifically recommended were wonderful. Per Bocco a little pricey but well worth it and My favorite piccolo Borgo. The breakfast here was good with a fresh baked good every day, puffed rice cereal, instant coffee, tea, fruit, juice, toast and jellies.
I highly recommend this B&B for a stay in Roma for any length of time. We stayed 2 days last week and then 5 days this week bookending a NCL cruise with the perfect accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple