See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Marela was the perfect host for our stay at her B&B. She fed us awesome breakfasts with homemade vegan baked goods every morning. The room had a very comfortable bed, air conditioning, and a balcony. Even though there were other guests in the flat and a shared bathroom, we felt like we had a lot of privacy.

The location is about a 10 minute walk from the subway, but very close to the bus and many places to eat or grab groceries.

Just make sure you tell her what time you will arrive because she is VERY busy!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SharonB0918
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I picked this B&B because of the price and location to where my daughter who is studying abroad was staying, I was traveling alone. I was a little apprehensive about going alone and I received several and very prompted responses from Michela to all my questions plus great directions. The building was secure the neighbors were very friendly, and I felt very safe. Michela was very accommodating as my dates changed at the last minute. The B&B was very clean the air conditioning worked great! I loved the neighborhood. The restaurant on the corner has the best roasted potatoes that I have ever eaten. I would Definitely recommend the Eco B&B Marela. I hope to return sometime soon. Thanks Michala for making my stay in Rome so nice!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank katie4travel
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The facilities were great,secure building,good breakfast facilities,varied and catering for vegetarians as well, working air-co and info about Rome.

The greatest treasure of the B & B is Michela, the hostess.

She is warm, friendly and a great source of info about Rome,she is very enthusiastic about her city, and she happily provides endless possibilities where to visit, eat, play and shop.

The restaurants she recommended and helped to book, were outstanding, and there is a 10% discount for those staying at the B & B at a nearby lunch place, which is popular with locals.

It would be worth staying at the B & B just for this "extra" service, apart from the welcoming residence itself.

Getting from the B & B to the ancient ruins of Ostia Antica (better preserved than Pompeii) is very easy, 3 stops by bus to the metro and a train ride to the ruins, the magnificent Basilica St. Paolo is also 3 bus stops away.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Extropian
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I first decided on this B&B because of its environmental awareness. There are so many wonderful things though. Transport is very easy as the bus is a 5 minute walk from getting out and bed and the metro is 10-15. The location in Trastvere is excellent as you are not in a touristy place. And of Course Michela is a wonderful host and extraordinarily helpful to identify place to see, eat and how to get there. The two restaurants she specifically recommended were wonderful. Per Bocco a little pricey but well worth it and My favorite piccolo Borgo. The breakfast here was good with a fresh baked good every day, puffed rice cereal, instant coffee, tea, fruit, juice, toast and jellies.
I highly recommend this B&B for a stay in Roma for any length of time. We stayed 2 days last week and then 5 days this week bookending a NCL cruise with the perfect accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelRye
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My mom and I spent 3 days in Rome this past summer and stayed at Eco Marela B&B. It's a wonderful little place. Michela is great, she's very helpful and wonderful host and a great person to sit and chat to. She keeps the B&B very clean and is around each day to answer any questions you may have. There's shopping and places to eat around the B&B for the days you may not want to go down to the city centre of Rome. The metro is close by (about a 10-15 min walk) and it will take you straight to all the main attractions (colosseum, spanish steps, vatican etc.)

I highly recommend Eco B&B Marela for your stay in Rome! You won't regret it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
EcobbMarela, Proprietario at Eco B&B Marela, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thanks to you for found time to write this nice review. I'm so glad that you liked our neighborhood that it's so local but also close to the most important tourist attractions and Trastevere.
Keep in touch!!!