“Would stay again!”

and 1 more site!
Eco B&B Marela
Ranked #1,147 of 3,782 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 October 2014

Super friendly and not that far from the city center. Safe neighborhood. We had a room with a private bathroom, which was really nice. My wife enjoyed the free cookies and coffee. If we are in Rome again we will stay here again!

Room Tip: Get the double room with a private bed if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 days. It's located close to Trastevere Station in a very nice and interesting, non-touristic part of Rome. The owners are so friendly and hospitable... Ready to provide all necessary info and help. The place is nice and clean with all facilities you may need. All in all, i would recommend this place to everyone!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
EcobbMarela, Proprietario at Eco B&B Marela, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2015

Hello, I was very pleased to read your review, thank you for taking the time to write it. I'm glad that you have been found well, Rome is very large and in 7 days you have got to see so many monuments without running from side to side.
It 'been a pleasure to meet you, you are always welcome

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The B&B was easy to find from the train station(accessible by bus or the metro). Michela greeted me and showed me the room, kitchen and bathroom. She has more local knowledge and recommendations than any guidebook can offer. She was patient and happy to help with transportation directions, providing maps and local incite along the way.

The B&B is situated a neighborhood called Marconi which is the perfect balance of local-feel and close proximity to Rome's main attractions- a quick bus, tram or Metro ride away. The room had a memory foam bed, television and balcony. The neighborhood is safe and the B&B is seconds away from viale Marconi which is buzzing with people, stores, boutiques and has several pizzerias, wine bars, restaurants all within walking distance.

Bottom line- great location and relaxed neighborhood vibe, just a stones throw from the busy center at a fair price. Michela's effort and local incite made the experience and I would definitely look to book here again when I return to Rome.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank awardroc
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have recently returned from our 5 night holiday in Rome where we were staying at the Eco B&B Marela. We chose to stay in the double room without en suite to save a little bit of money and didn't find this to be a problem at all - in fact the other room that shares the bathroom was vacant for the whole time we were staying there. We also hardly saw the other guests at the B&B meaning it felt like we had our own little apartment for the week!

The room was very comfortable with a large foam mattress bed and pillows, personal reading lights, a wardrobe, desk and safe where we kept our cash and passports. The room was tidied every day and was lovely and light and airy. Yes the neighbourhood is a little bit noisy, but that's to be expected in such a large, busy city! It's near impossible to go anywhere in Rome without being surrounded by the noise of mopeds and sirens!

Michela was a lovely hostess, very welcoming when we arrived and gave us some great tips about where to visit and how to reach certain places- the best tip she gave us was to book our tickets for the vatican in advance online to skip the queue- this saved us a good hour and a half wait to get into the museum- thanks Michela! The rooms also have wifi which is very quick and free. She was just a text message or email away any time we needed to contact her.

If you're a fan of huge cooked breakfasts, this place probably isn't for you, although Michela is very welcoming and willing to provide any special requests. Fresh fruit, cereal, coffee, cakes, toast, cheese and juice is all available in the cute little kitchen all for you to help yourself, it felt very relaxed and homely. As someone who doesn't eat a lot for breakfast anyway, this wasn't a problem for me, but I can see why this would be an issue for people with larger appetites.

The only real downer during the stay was that it is quite far from the centre of the city, though with a 10 minute walk to Trastevere station and a 10 minute tram ride you will find yourself in the centre of the more historical part of the city with the Colosseum and Forum around the corner. We never really managed to get a hang of the tram system, only realising on the final day that you have to actually verify your tickets when you board the vehicle (oops) so we did end up walking back to the B&B a few nights, although the area feels very safe, it it a very long walk after a long day on your feet! So I would definitely recommend familiarising yourself with public transport as soon as you arrive!

Thank you for a lovely stay! It's been 48 hours since we returned and I am sitting here looking through photos with my biscotti and coffee definitely feeling post holiday blues!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
EcobbMarela, Proprietario at Eco B&B Marela, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

First of all many thanks for your lovely review, we appreciated.
We are in a commercial area, and is busy during the day with many shops (all brands at cheaper cost than the center) restaurants, supermarket and services and is only 15/20 minutes far from the heart of the center that you reach by busses.
For breakfast we believe that the quantities are sufficient to iniaziare the day with a hearty breakfast, if you want a more substantial enough to just ask and we will do our best to accommodate you, we prefer not to serve large quantities of food in order not to unnecessarily throw.
You'll be always welcome

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I believe that because the owner is a nice lady she has been given good reviews by people not wishing to cause offence. The poorer reviews are a truer reflection of the experience in my opinion.

The B and B is, according to the owner, a 10 minute walk from Basilica St Paolo Metro. We got off there and found it was absolutley nowhere near so wasted a good hour trying to communicate with people trying to find it. Got off at Marconi and it was still a good 15 minute bus ride. On arrival we were let in by the cleaner who was clearly unaware that we were coming. When the owner did arrive we were not given a key until we were shown the kitchen. During this time my wife's purse and our money was stolen from the room. Whilst it was definitely not the owner, there clearly were not many other suspects! We believe a man was let in or came whilst we were in the kitchen and there were others staying there!!. This ruined our first day entirely and we spent the rest of the day trying to sort out money and reporting it at the police station - Italian Police are not great ambassadors for their country I have to say. We wanted to get a visit to one of the museums in the afternoon but did not have the time.. We did not eat until 9 at night

The safe did not work and even if it did it was not fixed to the wall so a thief could have walked off with it in any case!! No attempt was made to fix it whilst we were there leaving us to hide our passports

We made the best of the rest of the four days we were there and enjoyed Rome. However the B and B is in a bit of a down market area with a lot of rubbish and graffiti and most of the other residents of the block do not look like the sort of people you would like to share with. It is very noisy at night and I must agree with the reviewer of the 18th May 2013 that we could hear piano music, sirens and people using the bathroom next to ours late at night. We managed to find one decent restaurant - there wasn't a lot there in the area. The room was very average and when the coffee machine broke we were left without hot drinks for the rest of our stay. We were offered free coffee at a local bar - not really the same when your breakfast is in the room!. The breakfast itself was average - we were never really sure what we could use or how much we could have as it seemed a bit of a free for all. The shower head, which was very heavy, had not been put on the pipe properly and it was only luck that I stopped it falling off and cracking my head open. I managed to screw it fully on before there was a problem.

I didn't really understand why the Eco side of it is promoted so heavily. Most people these days have energy efficient appliances and recycle. It was no more greener than I am at home.

The owner is a nice lady but needs to be a bit more in tune with her guests. It looks to us that it was a sideline business and that she did not really have the time to manage it properly. She was supposed to get back to us about the theft but so far I have heard nothing and to be honest I do not expect to.

This break was a present from my daughter who booked it based on the reviews. As such she was disappointed by the problems we had. The last reviewer did not get into the premises on the first day and in all honesty I am not surprised.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family