“Breath of Fresh Air, Roman Style.”

Aleph Rome Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #248 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This hotel is like new, because it pretty much is having just been virtually just rebuilt from a converted bank, I think.

Anyway compared to so many old tired poky places in Rome it is really great. New, fresh modern, classic fit out in the rooms with all the modern techy finishes.

We had two rooms both looked onto the internal courtyard that proved to be nice and quiet which can be a challenge in Rome.

There were some teething problems with water temperature in both rooms showers, they have a problem there, and the shower tap switch gear is difficult to use and then it falls apart! Anyway I am sure they will fix it.

My major overriding criticism and fascination with this hotel is the brightness and coldness of ALL the lighting in ALL the public areas.

It is lit up like a sporting arena on a Friday night game ! We are talking LEDs on steroids in the lobby, in nice classical sitting room, in the breakfast resteraunt area and in the bar.

It kills any atmosphere and mood....please turn the lights down...please!

The rooftop pool is uber cool a great place to have a cool down plus there is a new restaurant area up there that was not open yet but it looks good with an open fireplace.

Its going to be good.

I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 days ago

Dear Sir and Madame,
We are very pleased to hear about your terrific stay with us during your visit to the Eternal City. Our staff is dedicated in providing 5 star service and creating memorable experiences for our guests. We strive to make our guests feel welcomed and right at home each and every time.
We certainly appreciate all your feedback and will be sure to address them accordingly to all the Team.
Please accept our apologizes for any inconvenience occured with water temperature. We hope you apprecciated our effort to fix it the soonst we could.
We certainly can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Rome. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Yours sincerely
Pamela Zullo
Front office Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful stay at the Aleph. We arrived at 10am and David at reception was able to get us into our room right away, which was much appreciated!

I went up to the rooftop pool, which is absolutely beautiful and unique in the city. The area is drenched in white with a sitting and lounge/ bar area separate from the swimming pool. It reminds me of a pool in Miami. The view was spectacular and the staff was quick. While we were there the drinks were brought up from the main floor, but there was no discernible difference in service time. I understand that the plumbing to finish the bar is mere days away.

The room was comfortable with a crisp bed and nice, large bathroom. The new design was fresh and modern yet comfortable.

We were always greeted by name when we walked into the hotel. The service top notch. I was originally concerned knowing that they had just re-opened after the renovation but every person we met was knowledgeable and helpful.

I had the opportunity for a cigar in the cigar lounge and was appreciative of Stefano stopping in to chat. He had just put together a full evening for another group of guests complete with a custom four course meal and drinks and music at a separate bar. Stefano invited me over to meet them and I stopped over for a drink and great conversation. The other guests were obviously very pleased with the service, food and drinks.

The most amazing part of the stay was check out. We were given a late check and they let us freshen up in the room after a tour of the colosseum. They called a cab for us to head to the train station. At the train station I realized that I had left my phone in the taxi and immediately called the hotel. The woman at the front desk (I am sorry I didn't catch her name) called the taxi company, tracked down the driver and arranged for him to meet me back at the train station. She spent the good part of an hour communicating to let me know what was happening and coordinating with the driver.

I could not be more appreciative for everything the staff did for us. Take advantage now before this is fully discovered and the rates rise. Great hotel and we hope to come back for a longer stay next time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 August 2017

Dear Sir and Madame,
I am so pleased to hear about your great stay with us and the excellent service you experienced. Our staff truly strives to go above and beyond and make our guests feel like royalty when walking through our doors. We are dedicated in making our guests feel welcomed and right at home.
I will be delighted to share your beautiful comments with all the Staff. These are the greatest motivation for us to improve the service we daily deliver to our valuable Guests as you are. I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the new Roof top Pool and Restaurant overlooking our wonderful romans roofs to our fully renovated rooms .
I look forward to your next stay and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We needed a nice place to stay before leaving Italy from Rome and we could not have found a better place than the newly reopened Aleph. In a great location, it is well appointed in every respect and the staff is knowledgeable and very attentive. We could not have had a better experience!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
1  Thank eugenec668
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I was curious to try this new Curio hotel in this great location. Although the price was high, I figured the experience would be worth it.
The staff was very eager and nice, but this is the only positive feedback I can give on this hotel.

When I arrived, my hotel key didn't work. The restaurant of the hotel isn't open yet.
The rooftop doesn't have a bar so it takes about 20m to have one delivered from the ground floor.
The decoration is very uninspired, both in public areas and in the rooms.
The room size is tiny, with just enough space for a small suitcase; the view was also very disappointing.
The shower switched from boiling hot to freeing cold.
So many better options in Rome....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank Kevin M
Management response:Responded 19 August 2017

Dear Mr. Kevin,
We wish to thank you for having taken the time to share this review with us.
We are pleased to read that our Staff was able to assist you with warm hospitality.
Regarding your comments on our Restaurant, Please note that our property opened on July 7th and some of our outlets , as the Roof Top “Sky Blu” restaurant were indicated closed on our website.
During check in time, we informed all our Guests about our services and outlets in order to prevent any such situation, which you indicated. We are sorry for any inconveniences you experienced.
The hotel is also provided with another restaurant called “ 1930” located in our luxury Lobby, which received a lot of compliments for its traditional local cuisine and ambience.
I am glad to inform you that our Roof Top restaurant opened on August 5th and we really hope , you will give us another opportunity to welcome you and your family in the near future and to show you the quality of our roof top services.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in that occasion. I will be delighted to invite you to taste our specialities in a very charming atmosphere after enjoying a pre dinner aperitif in our amazing Roof top bar and swimming pool.
We are also sorry if you did not like the new look of our public areas and rooms. We can assured that famous architects worked hard to create a very modern and luxury place.
We promise our guest a singular Aleph Rome Curio Collection luxury experience, and we will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve that ideal.
Sincerely

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

What a great find! The staff went out of its way to make us feel at home! Every time we came in they greeted us by name. The room was PERFECT! It's situated in a quiet neighborhood but within walking distance of Trevi Fountain and other major Roman sites. We were able to walk everywhere including the termini and a bit longer to Vatican City... 40 minutes. Our concierge, Giovanni, was amazing and recommended some excellent restaurants and bars in the neighborhood. Highly recommend! Very personable! Only a block from US embassy. Recently renovated; rooms are spotless; latest technology!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EleMiami
Management response:Responded 11 August 2017

Dear Sir and Madame,
Thank you for the time you dedicated in writing a review about your recent stay at the Aleph Rome hotel Curio Collection by Hilton!
I am very grateful for your positive ratings regarding your overall experience and I am pleased to know that you found the location, our new rooms, as well as the commitment and warm welcome of our Staff to your complete satisfaction.
I will be sure to share your compliments with the entire team here at the hotel and especially with our Front Office Agent Giovanni!
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Best Regards,