All reviewsmaria luisaancient appian wayroman historystocked fridgebedroom apartmentminute bus ridecentre of romehome away from homefull kitchentrip to romewell equipped kitchenperfect hostsself cateringwashing machinerecommended restaurantsrestaurant reservationsfelt like home
Reviewed 13 July 2015

The most welcoming people you'll ever meet. It was a beautiful apartment in a house that was surrounded by history everywhere you looked, and the owner was very generous in teaching us all about it, and providing plenty of information and support on anything we needed. A lovely apartment too. Recommend it 100%

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Russell R
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

My praise for this wonderful hotel couldn't be higher. From the comfort and quality of our apartment to the perfect location (close enough to the center of Rome that visiting the tourist sites was easy, far enough away that the busyness of the city didn't affect us!) Appia Antica resort was an absolute joy.

Above all, the owners and staff were incredibly warm, friendly people who offered us their help and advice at every step of the way, meaning we experienced restaurants and places to visit that we never would have discovered without their expert knowledge. Nothing felt too much to ask, and after the first couple of days it felt more like we were staying with friends than in a hotel!

My wife and I were on our honeymoon, and I would definitely recommend Appia Antica resort for this type of visit. The Villa and grounds are beautiful, and the garden was perfect to relax in.

Finally, to anyone planning to visit, I would highly recommend booking yourself in for a cooking lesson if possible. It was without doubt the highlight of our stay!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank asgoddard89
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Add me to the long list of people who have enjoyed the AAR experience completely. I was in Rome to work with a colleague and needed a place to stay that was quiet and comfortable. AAR is in the IV Miglio area of Rome. As in past trips to Rome, I would have stayed closer to the city center had it not been for the fact that my Roman colleague lived in the EUR district and preferred that I stay somewhere within an easy drive from his apartment. I am very glad that I stayed at AAR. It was perfectly located and we spent four productive days working from my AAR apartment. I wasn't in Rome to be a tourist, but staying at AAR gave me a much deeper understanding of Rome than I had before. The IV Miglio has many attractions, not the least of which is the Via Appia Antica, which lured my colleague and I to take a few long walks along the famous road in both directions. It's another side of Rome that has a lot of stories to tell about the city's history. Even my colleague, a native Roman, learned new things about his city. In addition, IV Miglio has good restaurants, a nice supermarket, ATM/banks, laundries, etc., all that one needs for basic necessities. Aside from IV Miglio, staying at AAR was truly a joy. Maurizio is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. He even provided insight into the project we were working on since he knew someone directly involved in the incident we were researching. At check in, Giulia spent 45 minutes graciously going over the details of the area and things to see and do. The apartment was flawless, and everything worked perfectly (not an easy thing to find in Italy). If you are dependent on WiFi like I am, you can be assured that the WiFi is fast and reliable. AAR offers free and secure parking within its gated compound, and there is a stop for the bus into city center right across the street. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about AAR, and I will be returning next summer with my wife.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Oyster52
Reviewed 7 July 2015

My family and I recently returned from a fabulous trip to Italy. The plans for the trip started by contacting the Appia Antica Resort after reading the feedback on TripAdvisor. Not only did we receive the same outstanding service as others who have written, but the entire experience in planning the trip, scheduling private tours, and the accommodations contributed to one of the best travel experiences ever. Words cannot fully express the welcome we received from Maurizio, his family and staff. We truly feel as though we made wonderful new friends and any future trips to Italy will start by contacting Maurizio. The AAR was just as beautiful as described. We stayed in the two bedroom apartment and it was perfect for our family. The accommodations were exceptionally well maintained, as though we were entering a brand new place. The apartment was supplied with everything we needed right down to breakfast food in the refrigerator. Maurizio spent time with us upon our arrival to provide very helpful information on the nearby Appian Way, local transportation information, restaurant recommendations. We ate in several of the recommended restaurants and the food was always fresh, high quality, well priced, and absolutely delicious. Maurizio helped with making some of the reservations, and one evening we were assisted by his son Alessandro, who was just as helpful and wonderful as his father. Anyone visiting Rome looking to stay in a beautiful, relaxing surrounding, while still having easy access to transportation (bus, subway) to visit the center and other amazing historical sites will find a home away from home at AAR. After visiting Rome, we visited Capri. Maurizio even helped provide information and answer questions regarding our trip south. We could not have asked for a better host, and look forward to a future opportunity to return.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank MBML2015
Reviewed 6 July 2015

On arrival you are greeted with a wonderful warm welcome and shown the beautiful gardens and then your apartment. The apartments are absolutely outstanding, gorgeous decor, immaculately clean and so peaceful. A huge amount of complimentary food in the fridge and Kitchen, together with very good white wine.

After two days staying in the centre of Rome this was a complete dream, quiet and luxurious. Maurizio and Luisa and all of the staff are truly wonderful, hospitable people, a joy. They recommended an absolutely delicious restaurant also, the food was outstanding. Their knowledge of the area was amazing and the Appia Way is spectacular, I just wish we had had more time to explore it.

We didn't want to leave this wonderful place and people and will always stay here on future visit's to Rome. THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family