See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Good value for money. Clean, big room with own bath and toilet, with air-conditioning (that can heat!). Very close to Trastevery station. Good and pleasant breakfast in the bar on the corner or in the cafe on the same street. McDonalds in front of the hotel. 20 min walk to center on foot. direct bus to Termini station. Staff speak English. There are maps of Rome on reception.

Wifi works only in the corridor - not in the room, attention - the hotel is a little bit hidden - but the best orienation is McDonalds)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Don't expect this to be like a B&B from home (UK) its in a residential block of apartments, but none the less this is a great place to stay, very close to the train station that brings you from the Airport and within a few minutes walk to some fine restaurants, (New Station,La Tavernaccia) and a McDs, rooms basic with good comfy beds a small TV, enough storage and a good bathroom, a hot powerful shower is all you need. I stayed in the green room in block G.
Make sure you let Luciano know your approx time of arrival so someone can be there to let you in and show you the room, no staff on site but easily reachable by phone.
A short walk brings you to the Tiber turn left and at your own pace then to Rome central.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed here for just one night before catching a plane home. It is in a good location, close to the train station that takes you directly to the airport, and less than a mile walk from the more "touristy" Trastevere area. We spent our last evening walking from the hotel to the Spanish steps and it was a very pleasant evening. The restaurants in this area are great and much more typcial for Italy, you won't always find an english translation on these menus! The room itelf was small, but we had 4 people with lots of luggage and we were fine. The room was clean, bathroom was clean and larger than other places we'd stayed at during our trip. The guy who let us in opened the gate immediately and was very friendly and helpful with any quetions we had about getting around the Trastevere area. The courtyard entrance to the hotel is located off of a well lit parking area across the street from the McDonalds. We came back to the hotel around 11pm and felt very safe walking around the streets near the hotel. It's not hard to get there from Termini if, like us, you are not coming from the airport. There is a bus from Termini station, or you can take the B metro line to the piramide stop and take the F1 train to Roma Trastavere stop and its a 5 minute walk from the train station.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Dear all, from my point of view this tiny hotel is perfect for a city break! Even though an only 2* hotel its standards are pretty high! First of all, what I appreciated most is the cleanliness in the rooms. White perfect sheets, clean bathroom and carpets, comfortable bed, red curtains (pretty romantic), nice paintings on the walls...that's about all that comes into my mind.. Oh! And don't forget about the guy from reception, I'm sorry for not remembering his name now.. Imre.. if I'm not wrong..sorry if I am :) - he is a nice, smiling, good willing boy! There to help you with the information requested! So, if you don't pretend a luxury stay in the center of Rome, (though this one is located at about 15 - 20 minutes away from the center, by foot),and you want a low cost stay I recommend you with all my sincerity Intrastevere Guest House!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed 3 April 2009

I loved this place. I read some of the reviews and figured these were people who were really aching to stay in the heart of the tourist district but weren't sure about shelling out the money. I'm not one of these people. I'd rather be closer to where actual people live. ( i also hate the olive garden)

As for the room- it's a nice, clean room that reminded me of someone' s grandmother house, minus all the family photos. We were given keys (room, front door, other door and gate.at first i wasn't sure if i should feel secure with all the keys or alarmed with all the keys) and a map.

If you can speak to the son or speak Itlaian or spanish to the owner, you will have a great time here. The owner really wanted to make sure we had a good time. At the end of one night, he saw us and waved us in to the Shiva Bar, where he brought us drinks and we chatted in broken Spanish. THen he went next door and got the bakers to give us free, fresh bread straight from the oven. He also pointed us to the best pizza place in the area (wow, it was good).

Everything is walking distance from this hotel or you can take the tram (do not take the 64 bus as we've been told there's lots of pickpockets on it). We walked to all the major sites in Rome from our hotel and didn't have a problem. However, we are both healthy and without knee problems.

I loved Travestere, much more than the historic district. At night, there's lots of street side cafes and wine bars that open. Even some bead shops!

NO, if you are expecting the four seasons, you will be unhappy with this place but if you want a cool, friendly owner that will help you out and low key accomodations that are clean, then I highly recommend this place.

I loved it.