“Don't expect too much”

InTrastevere
InTrastevere
Ranked #2,311 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 November 2015

After an early flight in to Rome, I arrived on my first day several hours before the check in time. Imran let me drop off my bags and check in anyway. My room, however, was still not cleaned from the previous occupants, which made sense due to my timing, so I left my stuff in the room and went elsewhere to wait it out. When I returned, well after the check in time, my room was still not ready. I had to wait another half hour. I also had breakfast included, but didn't know if they served it to me or if I had to go somewhere, so on my first morning, I didn't get any. The next day, I asked about it and they gave me tickets to go to a cafe the next block over, plus a "special" breakfast that morning since they forgot to give me the tickets when I checked in. It's actually a very nice cafe bar, so I'd say that getting the breakfast included is a good idea.
Also, they claim to have wifi throughout the building, but in my room, farthest down the hall, I couldn't connect. If I wanted to use the internet I had to go stand/sit in the hallway. I'm sure it works better in the other rooms. My room itself was fine in terms of cleanliness, and upon catching glimpses of other peoples' rooms, those ones looked much better. It might be nice to know that the rooms aren't that soundproof and if you and your partner plan on doing the deal, the thin walls broadcast it to everyone nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to desk have better wifi
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 March 2015 via mobile

We had a bit of confusion at the start and was told we didn't have a reservation. However Imran came along and helped us out, found our reservation and showed us to our room. The room was very basic but great as we weren't planning on spending much time in it. It's a bit like a B&B, they have bought out a corridor in a block of flats and rented the rooms out. Was very cosy, however you can literally hear everything everyone says in all the other rooms so if your neighbours want to stay up til 4am.... So are you! Would definitely recommend, the biggest bonus is its right opposite a McDonald's so you can have snacks in bed :)

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Good value for money. Clean, big room with own bath and toilet, with air-conditioning (that can heat!). Very close to Trastevery station. Good and pleasant breakfast in the bar on the corner or in the cafe on the same street. McDonalds in front of the hotel. 20 min walk to center on foot. direct bus to Termini station. Staff speak English. There are maps of Rome on reception.

Wifi works only in the corridor - not in the room, attention - the hotel is a little bit hidden - but the best orienation is McDonalds)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Don't expect this to be like a B&B from home (UK) its in a residential block of apartments, but none the less this is a great place to stay, very close to the train station that brings you from the Airport and within a few minutes walk to some fine restaurants, (New Station,La Tavernaccia) and a McDs, rooms basic with good comfy beds a small TV, enough storage and a good bathroom, a hot powerful shower is all you need. I stayed in the green room in block G.
Make sure you let Luciano know your approx time of arrival so someone can be there to let you in and show you the room, no staff on site but easily reachable by phone.
A short walk brings you to the Tiber turn left and at your own pace then to Rome central.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed here for just one night before catching a plane home. It is in a good location, close to the train station that takes you directly to the airport, and less than a mile walk from the more "touristy" Trastevere area. We spent our last evening walking from the hotel to the Spanish steps and it was a very pleasant evening. The restaurants in this area are great and much more typcial for Italy, you won't always find an english translation on these menus! The room itelf was small, but we had 4 people with lots of luggage and we were fine. The room was clean, bathroom was clean and larger than other places we'd stayed at during our trip. The guy who let us in opened the gate immediately and was very friendly and helpful with any quetions we had about getting around the Trastevere area. The courtyard entrance to the hotel is located off of a well lit parking area across the street from the McDonalds. We came back to the hotel around 11pm and felt very safe walking around the streets near the hotel. It's not hard to get there from Termini if, like us, you are not coming from the airport. There is a bus from Termini station, or you can take the B metro line to the piramide stop and take the F1 train to Roma Trastavere stop and its a 5 minute walk from the train station.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family