“Bad experience!!!!”
Review of Massa Giulio

Massa Giulio
Ranked #4,595 of 13,336 Restaurants in Rome
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

It is the worst italian restaurant I have ever visited. The pizza is pre-cooked and heated before bringing it to the table. I complained with the waiter about the fact that on the menue it's not specified anything about pre-cooked food. After the second tentative with the pizza I said let's try also the pasta 'cacciò e pepe' but the situation did not change. It was same pre-cooked as the pizza. Don't let yourself fooled with the fact that you have been served very quickly after ordering. If that happened it's because the food has been just heated up before bringing it to the table. I am not talking about a complicated dish but about a simple pizza or pasta which does not require more than 15 min to cook!! I was not at all satisfied with the dishes I have tried in this restaurant. I have been living in for the last 10 years and I know what's the taste of Italian pizza and how it's cooked.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Dropped in late sunday lunchtime. They were closing up within the hour but could not have been friendlier and more accommodating. Super service, restaurant was buzzing, noisy and having fun. Food was really good, not spectacular, but the overall experience was excellent. Come if you want atmosphere, go elsewhere if you want a gastro experience

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We have been in Italy for 3 weeks
Also we travel a lot and always try to stick with the restaurants that local eat.
We can tell this was one one of the best Italian restaurant that we have ever been.
(I'm not a pasta lover) but the Lasagna was to die for it.
David the server was great but Bond (that's what he called himself, Bond, James Bond)
Was amazing. Super friendly and I welcoming. He even didn't let us over ordered.
And I'm sorry
The food was so delicious I forgot to take a pic. There is just a shot of left over complimentary during and desert . Thank you!

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Stumbled across this place after coming out of the Vatican museum. Decent food at decent prices but be warned, 20% was added to the bill. However lots of places in Rome do this and the prices were still fine for a quick lunch. Quick service, hot food, one block from the Vatican - can't really complain!

Reviewed 1 July 2015

We ate here 4 times wile in Rome. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The head guy is a character and runs in the street talking with people and enjoying his job. The food is plentiful and excellently prepared. Eating hear is like eating with an Italian family. They are loud, gracious and love to be of service. On our last day after we were finished eating they kept bringing food to our table saying gift gift. after two deserts we did not order that were gifts, we finally had to tell them good bye and get up from the table. GREAT place.

1  Thank James M

Been to Massa Giulio? Share your experiences!