“Lovely place to stay in Rome”
Review of Kame Hall

Kame Hall
Ranked #422 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I've been coming to Rome for 29 years now so I've seen my share of hotels there. This one ranks right near the top of my list.

First of all the location. Rome is a big city, so there is no "best" location to stay. But, the neighbourhood around the Largo Argentina happens to be my favourite. Kame Hall is just a step away from this lovely square and Piazza Mattei is literally 10 steps from the front door. Buses, the tram, taxis: everything is close. The Forum Romanum, Jewish Quarter, Pantheon, Tiber River: it's all no more than a 10 minutes walk. If you're looking to stay near the Pizza di Spagna and its shopping area, perhaps this is not your best location in Rome though.

This is not a typical hotel as there is no permanent staff. You get an access code in advance and your key is ready for you after you climb the stairs to the first floor. Breakfast is served in the room. You can fill out a form the night before with your breakfast wishes. There are many places to eat close to the hotel too, of course.

There are only four rooms. The room I was assigned was very pleasant. It was slightly larger than I'm used to in Rome. The airco was working perfectly. As I was in Rome during a brutal heat wave, this was rather important.

I slept very well in the comfortable beds. The shower was excellent!

If I have to find a negative thing to say it would perhaps be the wifi, which in itself was fine when it worked. But the signal dropped for a few minutes every hour or so. Then again, with mobile data roaming charges abolished within the EU this didn't matter to me as much as it would have in the past.

Not only would I return to Kame Hall, next time in Rome I probably will. This was a very pleasant experience in my favourite city in the world.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Stayed at Kame Hall for 5 nights in July. Booked 2 rooms.

Location is 5* - whilst Rome is flat & easily walkable this is in a fantastic spot to walk to all the major tourist attractions. There was a bar underneath, one across the piazza & a restaurant next door.
Rooms are more than adequate. My wife & I had the separate room to the right of the stairs as you walked up whilst my 2 kids had the room on the corner. Our bathroom was bigger their's had a nicer shower.
Breakfast was a little lacking. Sure they gave you options; fruit, yoghurt, toast, eggs etc but it wasn't really flash. However, this was not an issue for us & certainly shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone contemplating staying here. The number of restaurants, food outlets in close proximity meant you didn't go hungry.

Simply a great place to stay & if I was going back to Rome tomorrow- I would stay at Kame Hall

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank geofflynes
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Wonderful location within easy walking distance of many historical sites, restaurants,and other places to explore! Beautiful rooms, great breakfast, and a high level of service from all those who work at the B&B.

Very attentive to our needs and helpful with transportation, dinner recommendations, and other tips for making a visit to Rome memorable. I tell all my friends about the Little Queen and their other properties.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Walking distance to all the major attractions. Staff so friendly and helpful. Great help with airport transfers. Rooms spacious and clean. Bathroom was unreal with the most powerful shower. The staff made our stay there very enjoyable and welcome. Would recommend to stay there if visiting Rome.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Wonderful experience at this hotel. And a great location, we could walk to everything in 10 minutes! Adorable view of a sweet fountain in a small piazza outside our window. Gentleman working the front desk the whole time we were there was very sweet and catered to our every need, including water bottles, breakfast made to order and delivered to her room promptly at the time we asked, help with transportation to and from airport and train station. Bed was extremely comfortable. Air-conditioning worked very well. Shower it was hot with excellent water pressure. Plenty of room everywhere. Definitely happy with this choice.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple