All reviews rooftop restaurant hot tub literally a minute walk vatican museum air con top floor perfect location stayed here for nights staff on reception noise from the street a stones throw other attractions booked this hotel small hotel metro station pastries breakfast is served
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Went on honeymoon and had the greatest time ever in Rome the hotel was situated perfectly 5 minutes walk from the Vatican and basilica plus many restaurants shops etc our favourite was myrko a cafe to look at but the food was awesome as for the orange hotel we were made to feel very welcome and the staff were very friendly and helpful brand-new Mattresses were given to every room and if you needed anything else ie pillows all you need to do is ask so all in all enjoyed the whole experience will hopefully be back

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in aug 2017 for 4 days with my girlfriend. We were initially given the topfloor 'love suite' which was nice but it was all a bit cramped and the bed was a bit too small. We moved to a different room the day after which had a bigger bed; unfortunately the hot water had heating issues...

Restaurant next door is packed from breakfast onward so that has to be positive...

Location wise it was great; im not a big fan of the vatican but since Rome is basically a big village most places can be reached on foot in max 1.5 hours from the hotel...

All in all it was a nice place, good location and friendly staff - im sure they resolved the water issues already so dont let that stop a booking :)

If i visit Rome again i'll surely consider this one again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This is a great little hotel it is a stones throw from the Vatican and right near a nice square where there are lots of lovely bars and restaurants your a seven minute walk from the metro and two minutes from the bus station . It's a half hour walk to the trevi fountain and the Spanish steps but is 1.5 Euro to get the metro so I'd say do that !! All the staff are all very nice and very helpful and this also has a lovely restaurant on the top with also very friendly staff ! The rooms are basic but clean and tidy with good air con if I was being massively critical the lack of a full length mirror was a tiny bit annoying but we got on fine without it , I'd stay here again and I'd say it's ideal for a few nights break and situated perfectly to see the sights of the city ...thanks again !!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is vibrant in colour and location. Old pieces of furniture with a modern twist. The vatican, Saint Angelo Castle and St.Peter's are all minutes away. There is a bus station 2 minutes away and metro stop Ottoviano is just a 5 minute walk.

Many places to eat to suit a variety of budgets and very close to Pompi (a place to get great gelatto).

The staff were friendly and welcoming. They provided many suggestions so that we could enjoy our trip. The staff went the extra mile to help me navigate around all my destinations. There is a shuttle bus from the Di vinci airport (FAO) that drops you off ten minutes away-on the same road as the hotel.

Pleasant stay, I would revisit and I would recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Stayed at Orange for four days...
So the good points first: Location to the Vatican is brilliant, the staff are the friendliest & most helpful I've ever come across. So nice.
Now the not so great points: This is nowhere near a 4star hotel, maybe the allocation of stars are different in Rome. This is like a 2.5/3 star. Breakfast was 8.5€ per person & it was not good at all, I went up to see & there was basically nothing. Roof top bar was not available when I asked if I could just have a drink. all table were booked. yet no one sitting at them. rooms were very dark, a/c needed a good go at (temp was 39 degree plus out) but we got it working :) bathroom was claustrophobic & so was the shower. but room was clean. Walls paper thin, very noisey at night, guests have no consideration for other guests. I wouldn't say the hotel is relaxing or comfortable. It felt like a back packers hotel. As nice as the staff were I wouldn't stay here again. Plenty of restaurants in the local area. Only reason to be over this side of Rome is for the Vatican, all the best places are on the other side, in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dublingirl18
Gabriele M O, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Dublingirl18,