“Best choice for a guide in Rome!”
Review of Mind the Guide

Small-Group Testaccio District Food Tour in Rome
Ranked #6 of 248 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to MindtheGuide! This is the name of my Company and i am the guide you will meet if you book a tour. My name is Dario Andreucci and I have a master degree in history and art as well as a real passion for cooking and traditional roman food. I was born in Rome and i love to mix cultural tours with food experiences as i think it is the best way to live the city and the local culture. My tours are focused on the historical center, the Ancient Rome, the Vatican City and food. I look forward to meeting you in Rome!
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We booked the colosseum tour with Dario and it was excellent! I wanted a small group and a guide that specializes in Roman history and Dario was exactly what I was looking for. There were 5 of us in the group and we spent 3+ hours going through the colosseum, Palantine Hill and the Roman Forum. I liked the virtual reality headsets that showed you simulations of what Rome looked like during the Roman Empire (Dario had two of these devices). The 3+ hours felt like a great private history lesson. I would highly recommend this tour and Dario as tour tour guide!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
All reviews
"enjoyable tour"
in 7 reviews
"art history"
in 12 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"entire tour"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We did the "Best of Rome" tour and it was excellent. It was an easy & pleasant 2 hour walk through the hot-spots of Rome: Campo dei Fiori, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and more. We sampled Roman pastries, learned much about Rome's history and architecture, and enjoyed this introduction to the city. Dario, our guide, was warm and welcoming and very knowledgeable. I can't recommend this experience more!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Dario is by far, the best tour guide we have had in Italy thus far! He made the colosseum come alive with his on-site virtual tour along with renderings of what it was like back in the day. He spent 3 + hours with us giving us the history of Rome, Palentine Hill, Roman Forum and described in detail what it was like to be there at the time. We walked, we learned and had the best day! He also made a dinner reservation for us that turned into our favorite dinner of the trip! Thank you Dario!! You made the end of our trip perfecto! With love, from Texas!