“Don't expect a welcome”

Ranked #2,123 of 13,337 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$1 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Testaccio
Reviewed 15 February 2018

On a long weekend trip with family we visited this restaurant early evening at hotel staff suggestion.
What a set of miserable & rude waiters and staff!
I speak sufficient Italian to make myself understood in day to day situations such as a restaurant.
Service was grudging and the food very average.
Would not visit again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,251)

Reviewed 8 February 2018

This is a good neighborhood restaurant. We were the only people there speaking English, but had little trouble ordering. Older gentleman was our waiter, and while his English was not very good, it was better than my Italian. He understood English better than he spoke and that was fine. We ate early, especially by Italian standards. That is important, because we didn't have reservations. If you eat later in the evening you MUST have a reservation. Too many neighbors eating here for you to just 'show up', and for good reason. Food is very good.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Had lunch here. Slight problem with the food order but the waiter openly admitted his error which doesn't often happen in other restaurants. Food and house red excellent. A slaughter house used to be nearby, hence offal maybe on the menu. Testaccio which is about 20 minutes walk from the Coliseum isn't renowned as a tourist area. Many local people eating here.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Very RUDE staff,especially the BENGALI WAITER.I had been in this traditional Roman trattoria a few times in the past and liked it a lot for its delicious local dishes,but this time,despite the dishes still being good(a part from the dessert), I found the rudeness of the Bengali waiter unacceptable and disgusting therefore I won't visit this place again

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I had been in DA Bucatino several times. Yesterday I went there with some colleagues. Our table was served by a very rude Indian waiter. Strange experience - I felt ashamed and will never return to this trattoria.