All reviews walking distance to the city pleasant walk beautiful sea jacuzzi shower room was spacious excellent restaurant our waiter small hill before dinner hotel is great enjoyed my stay front entrance great bathroom train station an upgrade port ferry
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful stylish hotel. Lovely modern room, large TV, comfortable king bed, great bathroom with a large shower (many showers in Italy are very small). View over the port area. Lounge area with views in the lobby. Restaurant and terrace bar on the rooftop. Fantastic views over the port area and city. Watch the sunset while sipping a cocktail. Not cheap but worth it as the drinks come with extensive complimentary snacks. Good full selection buffet breakfast. Parking available, only charged if parking in the garage. Helpful front desk with maps provided. Walking distance to the city centre and the historical sites. Also use the buses to get around. If driving in, drive around the hotel, road appears to be one way but isn’t, to find the front entrance and parking. Highly recommended, Ancona is a lovely city with lots of historical sights to see and a beach (white stones).

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We didn’t expect much from Ancona. And the city, its seights and this hotel did surprise us for the best. Stuff here is young, professional and friendly. Our room was small but spotless and really functional (loved the special shower functions). Breakfast was the best on our tour in Italy. And the view, the view form the terrace make you start loving this old rusty harbor. Go before dinner, have a aperitif. And you will be surprised, by the yummy appetizers on the house and by the view. Hotel is great value!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

The Seeport Hotel is a regular stop for me on my travels from Ancona to Greece, rooms always immaculate and the staff really friendly. Great location and views over the port and a short 5 minute walk to the Main Street. Highly recommend

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 14 June 2018

At the end of a culinary tour of Puglia we travelled up to Ancona by train and were very happy with the choice of the coastal city destination. It was everything that local Italian hospitality is at its best. The port city's shops, restaurants, markets, historic building and churches, the cafes for traditional Italian breakfasts, was for us a very welcoming experience. We had 4 days there and were very happy with all aspects of our stay. The rooms, hotel restaurants, and staff are friendly our Italian not being good, their English was much better, we can have no problem saying our stay was excellent ,

Room tip: The views from the roof balcony and restaurant is exceptional.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Can't agree with other recent reviews.
But let's get the positives out of the way. Fabulous view of the port (although we did pay for a room with a view)
Shower excellent
Some English speaking news channels on TV
Very comfortable bed
Very clean throughout
Bit of internal noise from people walking past in corridor, minimal port noise
Receptionists and drivers for transfer to station helpful and friendly
Breakfast quite good but not on a par with Radisson Milan. However sausage balls good as was scrambled egg. Smaller selection of cold stuff.
That's as good as it gets
There was a kettle and coffee and sugar and one teabag, no milk,In our room. I rang reception ('ask us anything') and got an Italian voice saying,I think,that the receptionist was on another call. I gave up and went and bought milk at the supermarket
The signage for the rooms is distinctly odd. Our room was to the left then right, left, however there was a sign pointing right (we didn't go that way- the porter had taken us the route described).We found another guest looking for 310, which was on our route, but again signed the wrong way.
The minibar was only adequately stocked. We didn't use it but there was only one mini spirit. It was probably average minibar prices
Our room was small. Storage was minimal
The hotel is fairly close to restaurants and shops and indeed the port, but bear in mind that the hill is quite steep (but the multi storey car park has a lift that you can sneak in)
The hotel paperwork, website and internal tv says that there is a bistro bar as well as the restaurant. We did not want anything on the menu in the restaurant at their prices, and were prepared for one night extravagance in the bistro.
Wednesday evening just after 7 went to said Bistro. sat for 10 mins whilst a member of staff walked past with what may have been his own dinner. Eventually he brought along another man, who said that this bar was closed, go to rooftop. I said we wanted the bistro, he said it's up there.
Went to the bar on 4th floor roof. Ashtrays on all tables. So here I go again passive smoking. Went to bar, him indoors asked if they had draft beer/lager, no, offered bottles of lager, which would not be cold enough for him- he likes it ice cold. I said no, we'll have two large bottles of fizzy water. He put them on the bar, and I think he said find a table. Him indoors stood waiting to pay, and the waiter busied himself at the bar then took a call.In the interim, the bottles were brought to me at the table by another waiter.Him indoors got fed up waiting to pay and came to join me.
Half way down and bored with my low alcohol intake, I went to the bar and asked for bill. Someone a bit pretentious said of course we could charge it (8 euros), waiter said already in the machine (or words to that effect).I said I'd pay cash. I asked for the menu and got the drinks menu. I asked for the food menu and was pointed to the restaurant behind him. We walked through, and honestly it was so pristine it could have been ready for a wedding party. Manager person came forward with a menu. I said it's very quiet, he said it's early......Food, as I have said, wasn't to our taste and neither was the price. Him indoors noticed that other guests got nuts and crisps taken to their tables. Did we not spend enough?
We went to reception, asked them to book a taxi, asked driver for a good restaurant and boy was he right! Giardino Ancona-see my review.
One other point. when I leave the 'Do not Disturb' sign on my room door, it has usually meant that the room isn't serviced. That's the way I want it as I've probably not tidied up, Equally, the cleaner usually has the door wide open, so anything could be removed if her back is turned. So we got back from our walk on the first morning, Sign had been removed, our bag of bottles in the corridor and the room serviced (with no tea or milk). I leave you to view if that is good or bad. It was bad for me as there was a backpack with mobile phone and my file of bookings etc not in the safe. It was still there, but that's not the point
I've got photos of the room, view and minibar if anyone is interested enough

Date of stay: May 2018