“Tasty tortelloni with ricotta and zuppe inglese”

Trattoria Meloncello
Reserve with
Trattoria Meloncello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #426 of 2,064 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saragozza
Reviewed 16 July 2018

It is very nice place for a dinner. I have tried tortelloni with ricotta and ragu and it was simply delicious. Perfectly prepared. For dessert I went for the zuppa inglese and it was also very interesting, however, I haven't trired this dessert anywhere else so I am not an expert. Stuff was very nice and service was perfect, as well as atmosphere. It may be a bit cheaper, pasta 12 EUR, dessert 5 EUR and coperto 2,5 EUR.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

A bit of a walk from the centre of the city where we stayed but the suckling pig had been recommended to us by a local. Was well worth the walk!
I also had the Passatelli in brodo which was wonderful. As for wine there was a choice of white or red, but as my husband has always said, any restaurant that is any good will have a good enough house wine!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I ate today in this traditional restaurant at the beginnig of the San Luca pathwalk.
A perfect end after the morning running up to the hill.
The place is friendly and traditional.
Speciality extra fresh home made pasta!
Nice service.
I’ll surely reccomend

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Really nice staff, and we were very excited about a birthday dinner treat here. It is about a 10 minute taxi trip out of central Bologna and the taxi driver knew it well / promised us a great meal. We should have gone for tortellini as recommended by the waiter, but I was hanging out for some Osso Bucco. Our starters were all very nice (the ravioli was the best), but our mains all tasted a little similar - lots of meat in tomato sauces. Bad choice by us. They were very helpful staff though and arranged a surprise birthday dessert. I think our expectations were too high, and our choices not great. Didn't blow us away.

1  Thank MJMCD67
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We arrived here because the owner of another trattoria that was closed indicated it to us as good local cuisine . Three hungry colleagues . Well received by the friendly staff and we got a table outside . Written menu in English or an oral one in Italian , we went for the latter . Good pastas with tasty sauces , for second we had the piglet with spinach , mixed salad and a mixture from tomatoes and onions . Accompanied by local wine and water . Coffee and pudding afterwards . No regrets whatsoever , we would love to come back .