Metropolitan Hotel(Bologna)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$91
US$81
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

Savhotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

US$89
US$91
US$85
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$90
US$81
  • Room Service
Hotel Il Guercino(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$132
US$93
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$331
US$320
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2015

This is a nice place: clean and cozy inside, interesting interior and very close to the train station and the city center. The owner is very responsive madam.
There are also a lot of good spots for the small photo-shooting (if you're Instagram addicted - you will enjoy )))

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

We booked into this hotel for 2 nights in August 2015 via booking.com and advised the hotel of our arrival time between 11pm and 12am as instructed as part of the booking.

We made good time from the airport and actually arrived at 11pm. The hotel was closed. No answer on ringing the doorbell or from banging (quite loudly at 11pm at night) on the door. We also tried to ring the hotel number and again no answer. After repeating this for 40 minutes we gave up when no one from the hotel showed up and having travelled for 10 hours all we needed was a bed for the evening. Having had to pay extra money to stay at another hotel across the road we thought we would be able to check into our original hotel the following day. Oh no, we tried morning, afternoon and evening and again no response.

On the first evening we were meant to stay there we emailed booking.com to advise that the hotel was closed and wanted a refund. We have been told this morning that booking,com have contacted the hotel and they state they waited until after midnight so what do you know, no refund!

Thanks to this unprofessional service (at best if you can call no service an actual service) we had to pay for two hotels for two nights in Bologna.

Do not stay here. Even during the day I believe you'd have trouble accessing the hotel owner actually being there to open the door and greet you.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 3ice&aslice
Reviewed 28 November 2014

It's weird to see how many bad reviews this place has since my friend and I enjoyed the fantastic time spent there. Obviously, like every place there are some negative points. Since it's a B&B there is no reception, thus before arriving or while making the booking you need to specify what time you'll be arriving exactly in order to have somebody open the door for you. We didn't do that thus we had to wait for a while in front of the door until the owner called me to ask if we arrived or not. The place is kind of hard to find, since there is no sign, but we just had to read the building numbers and we reached it.
Everything looks exactly just like it s shown in the pictures, the owner took care of every single detail to make the place as cosy as possible. The owner's English was not enough for having long conversations but we didn't need that since we didn't face any problem. Next morning we had to leave at 6am and she even thought about bringing early breakfast for us. There is a coffee machine from where you can get unlimited good quality coffee.
The location is perfect, you can walk anywhere from and to the Hotel.
If I ever go back to Bologne I would seriously consider staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Please don't be fooled by the website...we were! This owner/operator has not a clue of running any sort of business. Our rooms were not ready when we arrived at 5 pm in the evening...in fact she wasn't even expecting us.

Rooms - had a bugs and smell of mold

Washrooms - were tight and unkept.

Breakfast - packaged junk.

Parking - we were told to use the meters out front or parking garage a short distance away. Since we left our car in front to check in we decided to stay parked there with sufficient payment. However, she forgot to tell us or possibly never knew that the streets were being cleaned that night and we would wake up to find out that our car was towed. Apparently, neighbor's knew streets were getting cleaned and parking was prohibited. As a B&B operator...wouldnt one know when the streets are being cleaned. After paying fines this costed us 250 euro.

When we explained the situation to her hoping for some sort of compensation...she forgot to speak English...she couldn't understand...lol. But I speak Italian and overheard her comments to her mother that we (the guests) don't understand s**t....

Pathetic!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed for one night the owner had a friend of hers meet me, he demanded I pay in advance in cash (he did not know how to work the card machine) so having lugged myself and backpack up stairs I had to go back out to get out cash. I had told the owner what time I was arriving and she must have know she wouldn't be there. Did not tell me it would therefore be cash in advance which would have been much easier.

The internet password was scrawled illegibly on a card in the room all in caps (turned out to be all lower case and what looked like a z was a 7!) had to contact her repeatedly initially being texted the wrong password.

The Room initially looked pretty but the finish was scuffed and things were damaged. The hairdryer had clearly been dropped repeatedly and whilst it did work I didn't really feel safe using it. There was a glass shelf in the bathroom which was on such a downward slant that nothing would stay on it and I end up fixing it before getting into the shower because it was dangerously loose. The bottom of the Shower curtain was filthy.

Next day the breakfast room was as others have said deserted. There were a few sickly sweet pastries some rice crispies and no milk. The coffee machine wasn't working ended up switching it off and on again when it did then work. There appeared to be no button for hot water and there was no kettle a few tea bags the only black tea being decaffeinated.

I know the pictures look pretty but trust me it really isn't worth it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo