“Fun & Friendly -- Good food too!”

The Scrub Caffetteria
Ranked #1,501 of 1,962 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Santo Stefano
Neighbourhood: Santo Stefano
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The proprietress spoke no English and neither my wife nor I speak Italian, but as our apartment was nearby and we stopped by often, we got to learn of each other's lives. One morning I pointed to my wedding ring and gestured 30 and she left and returned with a picture of her husband from within the shop. She held up her fingers to show how many years they were married and said "morto" which even we understood. Now, the cappuccino and espresso were good, as was the mortadella we were in Bologna after all! We seem to have really good experiences in the smaller shops -- and a smile and a butchered "buongiorno" or "buona sera" and "grazie" go a long way. July of 2019

Date of visit: July 2020
Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

Stopped off for a quick glass of wine. Given free crisps and food. Came back next day as service and quality fantastic. Really nice friendly service, very reasonably priced wine with complimentary food.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank jonpiper
Reviewed 24 September 2018

This was our favourite caffetteria in Bologna and was right next to the Asinelli Towers. The coffee was excellent as was the mini pizza and savouries that were put on our table at no extra charge. I wanted to transport this place back home as we do miss it. The wine was also very good. A large wine, and I mean large, was 5 euro's. My double expresso was only 3 euro and my partners americano was only 2 euro's - great value. Loved the place.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 May 2017

This place is a small but warm place,Especially the espresso was very tasty.I would suggest you try it when you go to Bologna.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2015

I visited last month and I was very happy with my espresso and also with a pomegranate juice that I ordered. They were delicious and the service was prompt and polite. However, compared to other caffe's around the area this seems to be a bit pricey.

Date of visit: July 2015