Lowest prices for your stay
US$124
Expedia.comUS$123
eDreamsUS$124
ZenHotels.comUS$132
1,245 results
All reviews train station piazza maggiore air con busy street pastries central location good size breakfast was excellent large bathroom ten minute walk cold meats the breakfast area centre of town city deluxe euros aerobus
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

Very nice and large room, loads of mirrors, great bathroom, very clean, breakfast excellent under the circumstances, and the interior of the airport was lovely. The Aircon was the only limiter as it wasn't the best, and it meant we needed the window open to sleep, letting in a bit of noise. But that doesn't detract from this excellent hotel. Reception was very helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank BackPacker800547
Olivier Hetru, Propriétaire at Hotel Internazionale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are delighted that you had such a fabulous stay with us! Our team works hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of every guest, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any concerns you may have as we will always do our best to resolve them.

We hope to be able to welcome you back for another excellence experience.
Best wishes,

Nicoletta Mauceri, Resident Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

I stayed five nights and this was a perfect choice for a hotel. It is a short ten minute walk to the train station yet it is very close to the tourist center part of town. The entire staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a single room which was a very good size room. The room was always kept spotlessly clean. The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety to choose from. The only minor negative thing I found was that the towels should be upgraded as they were a little threadbare. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 226timothym
csupport, La Direzione at Hotel Internazionale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2020

Dear Timothy,
Thank you for such a kind review.

A message of satisfaction from a recent guest is always a great reward for our hardworking team members, and we are delighted that you had such a memorable stay with us.
We are constantly looking for ways to make our facilities and services even better, so we thank you for your suggestion concerning the towels.
Thank you for letting us know that you would stay with us again.

It would be a pleasure to have you return.
Very best wishes,

La Direzione

Reviewed 15 February 2020

Very happy with our choice of hotel, good location,10 min walk to the centre, lots of shops, bars and cafes on hand, close to the airport bus drop off and main station.
Check in easy and quick, we requested a bright room on a higher floor and couldn’t be happier, two large ceiling to floor double windows (which opened), high ceiling, great lighting, huge comfortable bed and a very impressive large bathroom, with marble tiling, good shower, soft towels, complimentary toiletries.
The room would benefit from having more power points, tea and coffee making facilities and being able to control room temperature, it was very warm and as we faced a main round couldn’t leave the windows open at night due to noise.
Breakfast was pleasant enough, few hot dishes and plenty of pastries and cold meats.
All the staff were friendly and efficient
The whole hotel was spotless, and we liked the more traditional, unique décor.
Great stay and would recommend.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Bluebell09

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very comprehensive review.

It is very rewarding to hear you enjoyed your stay especially your spacious room and our convenient location. We do have kettles available if guests wish to make tea or coffee. We are sorry to hear that the room was too warm, our staff can help with adjusting the air conditioning and can also provide a fan if required.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Kind regards,

La Direzione

Reviewed 13 January 2020

After Christmas and New Year are over & needing something to make January go a bit quicker , we booked 2N in Bologna and throughly enjoyed our time at the Hotel Internazionale. A good choice. We've visited Bologna a couple of times before and loved where we stayed, however, this hotel is more old worldly and beautiful and we'd definitely book again when in the area. All the Staff we encountered were friendly and the breakfast offered was fantastic and not just usual Italian fare. Central and easy to walk to the Centre of town.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna D
csupport, Resident Manager at Hotel Internazionale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this glowing review.

We are glad to know your stay with us was a memorable experience and that you appreciated the classic elegance of our hotel as well as our convenient location.
We especially appreciate your kind comments about our team members who are so dedicated to upholding our high standards. Feedback like this is the greatest reward we can ask for and will inspire us to constantly improve our performance.

It would be a pleasure to have you return on your next visit to Bologna.
Very best wishes,

Paolo Zanghellini - Resident Manager, Resident Manager

Reviewed 14 December 2019

I chose the hotel based on the location, sort of half way between the train station and Piazza Maggiore (10min walk to both). There is also a full size supermarket nearby and the hotel is right in Via dell'Indipendenza, they main street in the center of Bologna with easy access to plenty of shops and restaurants. The Piazzola market is right across the street. The entrance is a bit disguised and easy to miss in the first instance. The hotel has a bit of an old-fashioned but charming look about it. This translates across the the breakfast area and the rooms, so if you are into clean look fashionable modern style, this may not be your cup of tea. The room was reasonably big and very clean. Not very noisy even being next to such a busy street. Good bathroom. The fridge in the room has an automatic charging system, so be sure to let the reception know you are using it to store your own stuff so you do not get any unwanted charges. You have access to spa and gym of the sister hotel but no such facilities in the building itself. The breakfast was continental but with good variety and quality.

Disliked · When we arrived to the room after checking in I discovered that we had no extra bed for my 8 year old son. I then checked my e-mail and saw a message from the hotel, the evening before we were traveling over to Italy indicating that if I wanted an extra bed I would need to pay an extra 30 euros a night. I went to reception and complained about this. I did my booking in August and the trip was at the end of October (half term) so I would have expected for them to contact me within a few days of booking to let me know of this extra charge. That would have given me the option to choose other places that for a similar price would include the extra bed. Instead they contacted me only a few days before my stay, giving me the chance to cancel without penalty if I had seen the message on time but in effect without the possibility of finding a feasible cheaper alternative. All Saints is a holiday in Italy and fell on a Friday so Bologna was completely packed.
When I contested this I was told that it was a "take it or leave it" kind of thing, so I had to accept the extra charge under duress. Their policy in children is very obscure and ambiguous in the description of the facilities and this should be corrected and not allowed by Booking.com. When I left the hotel I complained again and asked to see a manager which I was told was not available as it was the weekend. The guy at the front desk acknowledged the lack of info in the website and admitted that it is indeed the usual policy of the hotel to check triple rooms and send the message for the extra charge only a week before the start of the stay. This I found dishonest as it does not give you a fair chance to look for an alternative hotel if you'd like to do so. Only for this reason I would not stay again here if coming back to Bologna and I would not recommend to friends or family. There is plenty of choice of hotels in the city which I am sure won't hide their extra charges this way.
I put this review in Booking.com and the manager said:
"I don't understand what is not clear. I'm so sorry for this mistake but in any case we are here for all the details"

Well, Mr Paolo Zanghellini - Res. Mgr, your policy is really not clear. Other hotels give you fair warning as I mentioned earlier and send you an e-mail within 48hrs of the booking, to confirm you understand that the price only include one bed (what couple sleeps with an 8 year old in the same bed nowadays?). Other hotels indicate that there is no room for an extra bed or that the price only include the child when using existing beds and they include the price of the extra per night. All of these things are missing from your explanation which I detail below:
- Children of all ages are welcome. Good but not informative
- Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property. Fine.
- To make sure you pay the correct price when traveling with children under 13, select a rate that has a child occupancy specified. That is what I did!!!
- 0 - 2 years - is free. Not applicable.

Lastly, no, you were not there for all the details as there was no manager to talk too. So please just accept your mistake and just change your policy of waiting to the last minute to send the message warning of the extra charges. Do it within 48hrs of booking, like everybody else.

Date of stay: October 2019