Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$242
Hotels.comUS$242
TravelocityUS$242
Orbitz.comUS$242
eDreamsUS$119
CheapTicketsUS$242
All reviews great location water pressure comfortable bed small room refurbishing tile
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2019

Small, centrally located gem. The hotel is very close to the main square and only a short taxi ride from the main station. Walk out the front door and you're in a traffic free laneway with lots of eating choices. The hotel's public areas are clean if a little dated. Breakfast, included in your tariff, is generous. The rooms are small, as is the bathroom but with a walk in shower we had no issues. The bed was comfortable but don't expect a view. The room waswell presented and any staff we dealt with were extremely helpful. There are some areas that need refurbishing but for the price and position it's worth more than three stars.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 8 November 2019

This hotel gets a 5 star for location. It has the bones of a very elegant hotel, and the common areas remind you of a time of royal palaces. I loved the staircase and tried to take the steps as often as possible.

The breakfast was satisfactory. My room was small, but serviceable. Very clean and a gigantic patio. The bathroom was old style tile, which I appreciated, but the shower was extremely small.

But I would certainly stay again because of the location and the wonderful people at reception.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Europeaddict
Reviewed 30 October 2019

This was a classic elegant European hotel - in 1985. It has had nothing done to it since. The carpet is worn, the hallways are in desperate need of paint and the furniture in the rooms is worn, aged and long past its better days. The location is very good, but it is noisy. The staff is friendly and accommodating, but they don't have much to work with. The breakfast was unpredictable - some days good, some days not. I am torn on this hotel. It did grow on me as "quirky" the longer I was there, but I doubt I would go back.

Room tip: Rooms at the front of the building are very noisy
Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank russhathaway
Reviewed 25 September 2019 via mobile

I’ll start with the only positive... great location near the main square... but that’s where it ends!

-Tired and old rooms that must be from the 70s or earlier
-No iron or ironing board in the whole hotel... very annoying when you’re on business and want to look somewhat presentable
-very poor breakfast.

When there is show on at the exhibition centre the prices are a rip off...out of show season probably more affordable but don’t waste your money

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Heesey3
Reviewed 9 July 2019

The Hotel Roma is convenient to the evening screenings sotto le stelle if you are participating in the Cinema Ritrovato film festival. A 15-20 minute walk from the festival theaters, it is a one-minute walk to Piazza Maggiore with its outdoor screenings that end around midnight. (However, if you want to nip into your room during the day between screenings, it is a little far to be running around in the hot sun; in that case, I would opt for lodgings closer to the other festival venues.)

I stayed at the Roma last year and had a nice stay, except for the fact that my first floor room with balcony overlooked the busy pedestrian walkway toward the Piazza and it was very noisy until quite late at night. As a woman travelling alone, I didn’t feel that safe with the first floor balcony and the noise was really too much, so I requested an upper floor facing away from the Piazza. But according to the hotel staff person at the front desk, there are no such rooms except like the one he showed me, which was very stuffy as the small window overlooked an air shaft. So he told me I had a choice: quiet room with no air on lower floor, or noisy room with air on an upper floor. (There are four levels.)

I ended up with a fourth floor facing the Piazza. The room itself was very nice, a pretty big size for a European mid-range hotel. Expansive desk surface space with outlets. Enough drawer and closet space for a one-week stay. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Big mirrors. My room was very bright. Good functioning AC.

Bathroom: minimal amenities. Good water pressure and there was always hot water.

This is an old hotel, which I found charming, although I see other reviewers weren’t as pleased.

Very noisy during the day with music from the Piazza and at night with people yelling, singing, laughing and talking in the street at night.

Pleasant, comfortable common areas.

The breakfast is nice: a selection of cured meats and cheeses, rolls, yogurt, fresh fruit; fresh squeezed juice (you need to request it and it is 4 euros. I have to say: some days it was delicious; other days it tasted watered down) and of course, cappuccino or espresso made to order. The dining room is pleasant and spacious.

Customer service: with the exception of one very rude desk clerk who almost ruined my stay on the first day, all other staff – at the front desk, in dining area and in housekeeping – were very pleasant, professional and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2019