All reviews train station one night elegant hotel the hotel staff convenient location five nights within walking distance few minutes walk air conditioning city
Reviewed 12 November 2015

I reviewed this hotel a year ago, after staying for 5 nighs with a group of 13 people. Last October I returned but we were two: my wife and I. She didn't want to go back because she had great memories of that wonderful stay at Europa hotel. I said: If it was so good...why try elsewhere? and booked one night there.
And one more time, it was a very pleasent experience. I don't know how many thousands of people have stayed there from April '14 to October '15 but believe it or not, the lady at the front desk remembered me. She saw me and said: You've been here before, haven't you?
I told her I was going to take an early train to Rome the following morning and asked at what time they started to serve breakfast. She said: At 7 AM but if you need to have it earlier, jut let me know. That is what I call SERVICE. This hotel is great value for money and very close to the station, so if you need a reasonably priced hotel with superb customer service, hotel Europa is for you. (as it was for me)

Room Tip: ask for a room in the annex.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2015

Zanhotel Europa is located about 5-10 minutes walk away from the train station & easy to find due to signs off the main streets. As others have mentioned, the hotel entrance and lobby is impressive. The receptionist was efficient and polite & was able to fullfill my request of a high floor room, facing away from the street. The room itself, was in keeping with the grand feeling. Some may feel the room are tired, especially the carpets, but I would say the rooms are very charming & large for a city centre hotel, with splendid & luxurious looking curtains. The bathroom is also a nice surprise & is rather more spacious than I was expecting. The breakfast was a continental feast that would satisfy most travellers or sightseers wanting to take on Bologna for the day. Finally, the check-out was efficient and friendly, with staff willing to store your luggage in their secure luggage room for a couple of hrs until you move on. All in all, would recommend, but slightly away from the historical centre around 20mins walk, but close to the station if you want to travel further in Italy.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor, facing away from the street to get a really good, quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

Hotel has a grand feel to it. The rooms were very clean. The decor of the rooms are a bit old fashioned, but the bathroom was very modern.

There is plenty of choice for breakfast even for vegetarians or gluten free.

Got a good price from TripAdvisor website so I thought it was good value for money.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gian J
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Hotel was only a 10 minute walk from train station. It was clean. The buffet breakfast was enjoyable.
Room was a little noisy.
Bit of a walk to the restaurants. The staff were helpful and friendly.
Still pleasant stay though

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Not really as opulent as it pretends to be, but it's a good choice if you want comfort near the train station (about 1.5 km from the heart of the historic center). The air conditioning was very useful on hot days, and the wifi worked most of the time. Lots of choices at breakfast, but not really four star quality (cold "scrambled eggs", coffee from a machine.) Recommended, especially if you can get a strongly discounted rate.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo