1,481 results
All reviews city centre the bus twenty minute walk room was large nice size close to the airport family room comfortable hotel enjoyable stay stayed for nights single room reception staff on foot pastries old city piazza maggiore railway station
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Myself, husband and 22 year old daughter stayed for 5 nights from 5-10th September. Having booked a while in advance I was slightly concerned before our arrival to read some poor reviews but needn't have been. We had a triple room (206) overlooking the main road and car park across the street. The bedroom was very spacious with plenty of storage space and was spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. We were provided with clean towels every day and there was always plenty of hot water. On our first night the hairdryer overheated so my daughter went down to reception to report this. She was given a spare hairdryer and within 5 minutes someone was sent to our room to repair it. Although on the main road we heard very little noise from outside. As others have mentioned the air conditioning was a little bit noisy but it did not keep us awake at night. The reception staff, particularly the girls, were very friendly and helpful as were the staff in the breakfast room. The breakfast was what you would expect with plenty of cold meats, cheese, pastries, cereals, breads, bacon, eggs etc. My daughter is lactose intolerant and was promptly given a jug of soya milk when it was asked for. We parked our car across the street for 7€ per day which was payable at the hotel. The location was great with a regular bus service into town and the train station. We didn't use the buses much as we preferred to walk into town which took about 30 minutes. I also noticed the airport but passes by the hotel so if flying into Bologna the hotel is really easy to reach. I had a few questions before my arrival and emailed the hotel. Leopoldo, in reservations, dealt with my concerns in a prompt, efficient and friendly manner and for that I thank him. This was our first visit to Bologna and hopefully not our last and if/when we return I will again be staying at the Grand Hotel Elite.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure to stay in the hotel for two nights during a business trip, and I was assigned a very large suite with a kitchenette, dining and sitting room and a very confortable bed room.
Hotel staff was very kind and helpful.
The hotel is in a good position, well connected to the city centre by public buses and near to one of the major hospital.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Alessandro L, Direttore at Grand Hotel Elite, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Mrs. pyppy77,
thank you for dedicating your time to the evaluation of our services.
I really enjoyed the beautiful words dedicated to our staff.
Your satisfaction is the best reward for us.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in Bologna.
A warm greeting from Grand Hotel Elite.

d.o. Alessandro Leone

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a single room which was quite small but had all the comforts i needed; clean, comfortable single bed, hot water, aircon, desk, good wifi and a small balcony. The hotel is an easy straight road, 20min walk to the centre of town and if you dont want to walk there are bus stops out the front. Its also a 20min walk to the train station. Breakfast was not included but they provided a buffet with a great selection for an extra 9 euro. The staff all spoke excellent english and were very helpful.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Alessandro L, Direttore at Grand Hotel Elite, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Mrs. Elyse C,
thank you for taking the time to evaluate our services on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for the beautiful words used for the Staff, your satisfaction is our greatest reward for the work we do.
Waiting for a return to Bologna, a warm welcome from all Grand Hotel Elite staff.
do. Alessandro Leone

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Listen, if you're expecting 4 star semi luxury you will be disappointed. There is no way to sugar coat that. If you want a clean, spacious (one of the biggest I've stayed in)and comfortable room at a reasonable price, I would heartily recommend.
This hotel doesn't need an update otherwise its 80s charm would be lost, its tired as all great ladies of the early 80s must now be, but like most of those old gals they can still perform!
Close to town if you like a walk otherwise bus stops are just outside. If you want high class stay elsewhere but if retro faded glory doesn't sound bad then book away.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank GstarLondon
Alessandro L, Direttore at Grand Hotel Elite, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear GstarLondon,
thank you for dedicating your time to evaluating our services.
What struck me about the review is that it seems a poem, thank you on behalf of myself and all the staff id for your kind words.

Waiting for the return to Bologna,
an affectionate greeting from the whole staff of the Grand Hotel Elite.

d.o. Alessandro Leone

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I was staying here from the end of may until the start of August so i was here a while you could say. I left the hotel early but this was purely to move closer to the area i was working or i would of had to start leaving the hotel at 6am to get there using busses.

for me a bed shower and a fridge is generally all i need but these are my comments regarding the Grand elite hotel.

Pros -
Great transport links outside the hotel for busses.
Very good wifi. they have changed to free wifi where as previously you had to pay for the faster service.
Friendly reception staff
rooms clean enough
large rooms available and a good price
generally no hassles

Cons-
Rooms are really outdated, maybe it was just me but there is a constant darkness feel.
poor air-con - For a really hot summer that is unusual i actually had to go and buy a fan so i could sleep at night. My fan should still be there as i left it behind if someone else needed to use.
Laundry is a bit on the expensive side and they put these identifier tags on all your clothes that if you don't notice at first you sure as hell will do after you put your clothes on

This is not the first time i have stayed in the elite and actually a frequent visitor here with work. For the price you will pay for the location it works out actually Ok

The hotel is busy enough and with a little bit of an upgrade i actually think the hotel would be one of the better places to stay here.

Maybe the next time i come back to bologna this will of been done. I really hope so

Room tip: choose the larger rooms.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Alessandro L, Direttore at Grand Hotel Elite, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Guest. thank you for dedicating time to evaluating our services.
Read your review is our greatest satisfaction.
I take the opportunity to say, that soon will begin the makeover in the rooms, where we will try to make them even more comfortable and enjoyable.
Looking forward to returning to you as our most welcome Guest, we cordially salute you.

do. Alessandro Leone