“Hands down best meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We aren’t formal diners. Instead we prefer really good food. This establishment provided our best meal in Bologna by far. First I recommend reservations. Second I recommend perhaps ordering an antipasti such as the crostini which is bruschetta with different toppings. (We ordered two different ones ludo and Rebecca) which were fantastic. Then due to a communication error we wound up with both my primi of risotto with saffron and my second of their special chicken dish wrapped in prosciutto served at the same time. After explaining our error that we had wanted gnocchi as well, they brought that later so we just ate family style. Every single dish absolutely killed it. This was by far the best meal we ate in a city known for food. Do not get turned off by the outside. It is all about the inside and what they dream up for your stomachs.

1  Thank JimGPortland_Oregon

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Recommended by our B&B hosts, we called on a busy evening without reservation and were offered to share a table. Glad we accepted, as the food and service were great, house salad and Gorgonzola lasagne were particularly good. Good Priced Sangiovese of nice quality.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The staff of the restaurant is very friendly and helpful. The food on the plates looked very good and is a pleasure for the eye. The food however was extremely salt. So salt you could hardly taste the food. I had chicken with oven baked potatoes and my husband pasta. The chicken was reheat I guess and very dry. After that I had a mixed salad with meatballs, which tasted like salty plastic bouncing balls. The salad did not contain any oil or saus. Half the salad was filled with the white heart of the lettuce. I personally would leave that out the salad as much as possible. My husband had some kind of carpaccio which was very good, except from the saltyness.
Over all good atmosphere, fresh food, but too salt.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Very very good. Delicious food. Polite service. I went with my girlfriend twice and I'm waiting next time. The service is great and the setting is lovely.

1  Thank Tommaso M
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Restaurant for locals. It is owned by some famous Italian singer who's sometimes in the restaurant. The food is very good (all specialties from Emilia Romagna), and prices are cheaper than elsewhere in Bologna.
The menu is rather small which guarantees a fast service and excellent products. General theme in the restaurant is music, there is a piano and lots of references to the 60s-70s