Il Convento dei Fiori di Seta
Hotel Perla(Bologna)
  • Room Service
Blumen Hotel(Bologna)
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

Booked Il Convento Fiori! As I arrived at hotel I wished I would read reviews it gave me bad vibe. As I entered lobby. Smelly dingy unfriendly. I been traveling Europe with my son. Going spend two nights Genoa. Glad I only booked one night!! They would not release me from reservation so I am forced to spend night Learn my lesson will start reading reviews before I travel!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2016

There are many things wrong with this hotel. WIFI is extremely slow, beds SQUEAK!, bedrooms smell moldy, bathroom had long black strands of hair all over the shower, there was constant banging and noise, the air conditioner was broken, and the service was horrible.
They did not speak english and laughed when we were explaining how miserable the room was.
Stayed up all night to avoid sleeping in this horrible overpriced disgusting smelly and dirty hotel.
NEVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2016

This old converted convent has large spacious rooms and comfy beds. I found it to be very clean, the front desk guy was very friendly and recommended some fantastic places to eat. It's not exactly in the center but only a short walk. I would stay again when coming back to Bologna. The only thing I didn't like, was having to pay extra to use the spa. It should be free.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations, but given the amount of money (paid upfront) I felt very let down. This is a VERY overpriced bed and breakfast. Of the three staff, two spoke English and were pleasant and helpful.

Unfortunately, there were building-wide power cuts roughly every two hours and the air conditioning did not work. I was told that an electrician would be coming by soon, but looking through reviews of the past year I realise this is a longstanding claim.

Sad to say that I cut my week in Bologna short by two days because of this hotel.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

Looking at the website photos, we thought it would be a really cool place, therefore phoned and booked 3 nights in the GOLD Junior suite. The following day we arrived and got a shock. We were the only clients, and the hotel was so dirty and smelly (chemical fragrances to cover the smells) that my husband, as soon as checked into the room, stated feeling highly allergic and had to get out.
Due to these reasons, we asked to be able to check out of the hotel as we could simply not sleep there. We had booked for 3 nights, just the day before arrival. We had no special deal or package.

The owner, with a very arrogant and unhelpful behaviors, refused to let us go without paying for the full booking. We begun arguing that it was not right, but he threatened us by saying that if we had not paid immediately, he would have simply deduct the full amount from our credit card. We got scared and as travelling with our 8 years old daughter, did not want to take any chances.

We paid and told the hotel that we would never go there again.
Felt angry and totally cheated by the all experience.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family