“The best pizza and authentic Italian experience!”

Mimi - Ristorante Di Pesce
Ranked #167 of 1,973 Restaurants in Bologna
Price range: US$6 - US$61
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: San Vitale
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I went here on our first evening of our holiday as we were staying nearby.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a lovely Italian waiter who tried his best to understand my very limited Italian. We were given free bruschetta whilst we waited which was a lovely touch.

Obviously on our first night we were looking for some delicious pizza and we were shocked to see that it was only €4 for a pizza!! Not only were they super tasty they were also huge, such great value for money and the service was very quick. We were also given a few local olive oils to try with our food which were fantastic.

We loved this place so much that we went back the second evening and had more delicious pizzas and again lovely service.

We were very sad to find out that this restaurant is shut on Tuesdays so we couldn't attend on our last evening. Otherwise we would have eaten there each night of our holiday.

Definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Really very good food, everything of very good quality. Not many tourists, so real Italian. The only minor is that it gets crowded and because of that it can take long before you food is served. But that is not a major problem, just ask for some bread and drink some of their wine :-)

1  Thank pjongh
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed locally and we're recommended Mimi. Our prima visit we has seafood pasta and it was LUSH. Coming from Scotland, the home of seafood we usually don't order such, especially so far from the sea but it was amazing. The staff are so friendly and keen to tweak things to your taste. On our second visit I had tagliatelle with ragu sause and it was very salty and not as good as my own homemade. Disappointing in the home of Bolognaise. x but still a great place.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

Extremely pleasant environment, highly proffesional staff and most of all great food. I eat here with my family almost every week. It's just a certainty!

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I had been to Venice and Milan prior to driving through Bologna on the way to a small village in Tuscany. We had not experienced great food most of the trip and were so frustrated because we knew Italy had great food! So we stopped in Bologna for lunch and walked 15 blocks from our parking space that we barely found, determined to find some good food. Honestly we were exhausted and getting tired. We saw it at the last moment before turning around. It was so cute, clean, and welcoming. The waiter helped us order and we were so excited about the food that I had to act all American and hug him thank you! Haha it was a beautiful meal and I hope that someday we can go back!