“Way overpriced for the value”
Review of Iko

Iko
Ranked #34 of 831 Restaurants in Modena
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Russian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go to this restaurant since we planned to catch a movie at Cinema Victoria just metres away.
The food was good, the place is nice and the Kaiten experience is aways fun but I found the bill too stiff for the overall value.
We even paid a cover charge (in Italy that's been unlawful for quite some time) when the Kaiten is self-service, they used nothing else than small dishes and we have been provided paper towels and tablecloths. Outrageous.
In the end, Higashi for me is still on the first spot in town for Japanese

Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

Very nice sushi quality.
Fast service and at lunch time it had special offers.
Had the pleasure to take from the moving belt about 20 plates and we paid as a couple around 50 euros.
Great sushi experience at modena.
At lunch is crowded and you need to book a table.
Only disadvantage it is slightly out of the centre and you need a car.

Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

Good quality of sushi and good service. I've been there three times and it never disappointed me. All fresh and many kinds of rolls. My advice? Try it :)!

Reviewed 27 March 2015

Having moved from Milan recently I was looking for a sushi bar that was up to level and have to say we found IKO which is absolutely excellent
The fish is fantastically fresh
The only major problem is that there are always so many people
You really need to book
Definitely worth the wait !

Reviewed 20 September 2014

My 9 year old daughter wanted to try sushi so I took her here. She needs to see the food before she will try it so it is nice that the plates come by us on a conveyor belt and she can just pick off what she wants to try. The fish is fresh and, as sushi should be, very beautiful. Each plate is just lovely. We have only gone for lunch and have always enjoyed the Kaiten so I have never seen a menu nor have any gauge of their table prices. But I can highly recommend the chocolate strawberry roll too!! It is heaven. Salmon must be popular here (great since it's my favorite) so there are many plates that contain it. The rice balls are also lovely as there is always something inside. I love it to eat at Iko and have seen many kids there too.

1  Thank lasergal4