All reviews adriatic sea adult groups seaside hotel sunbathing area minute drive restaurants within walking distance reception staff beds were comfortable wonderful hotel balcony elevator miramare toiletries
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

My 16 year old son and I stayed here just after the new year. The staff, room and location were fantastic. The steps to the beach were unkempt, but I think this was mostly due to the time of year. Overall, the hotel exceeded our expectations.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We stayed in room 216, which is super private and quiet. It's the only room on the top floor, so no noise from other guests. And it has a perfect view of the ocean. We left the window open and slept to the waves crashing and sea air.

It's a short walk (but 170+ steps) to the beach. From there, the castle park is only a few minutes further. Wifi was fine, the restaurant was cozy and yummy. The mini-bar fridge had Prosecco! The beds were comfortable and the bedding was clean and crisp. No bathtub :-(

The only down side to this hotel is that there are not many cafes or restaurants within walking distance. The ones nearby have great views and good food, but it would get boring quickly if you stayed very long.

Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank T2233ZWjoec
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The Hotel is beautiful but we found it very expensive for what we got (AUD$330.00 per night). The breakfast was okay, but it was the same every single morning, nothing out of the ordinary. My husband also thought it strange that they did not serve any fish (tuna/smoked salmon/sardines), unlike other seaside Hotels we have stayed in the past. Room was very small, and had to ask for toiletries to be topped up each day. No tea/coffee facilities, and no complimentary water. The Hotel does not have its own swimming pool, even though it was advertised as such. Although, staff were very friendly and helpful!

Room tip: Seaview rooms with balcony.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Erika S
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and location. Staff on the front desk couldn't be any more helpful. Food in restaurant was very good. Only problem we encountered was the waiters seemed a little dis organized. They were polite and accommodating when present, just not as attentive as they should be.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I spent only one night at this hotel on a whim, traveling from Venice. I wanted to see Trieste and had only one night to do it. I chose this hotel. It's a little ways from downtown, but it's possible to get to it by Bus. It's about a 20 minute bus ride. The advantage is that the hotel is perched on a high cliff on the coast only a short walk away from the beautiful Miramar castle. Every room has a view. Mine, a single, had a private garden with roses overlooking the Adriatic. I loved it. The bed was comfy enough for European standards: no pillowtops, only those memory foams. I'm not crazy about it, but it was fine. The breakfast was delicious and included in the price: they had everything you could possibly want at the buffet, and the service was impeccable. You get to have breakfast at this beautiful terrace overlooking the sea. The hotel has a spa with steam rooms, mood showers, etc. but I did not try it out. I did have a massage and it was good. The spa looked very nicely appointed. I went to the "beach" which is like everywhere in Trieste a slab of concrete that is perched right over the ocean. To get into the ocean you have to go down concrete steps. The first day the sea was quite agitated and it looked scarier than it really actually was to get into the water. Once I got over my fright (those stairs are covered with moss, and the waves kept hitting at the cement quite hard) I discovered that the sea was really shallow on that point and it was perfectly safe to just jump in and walk or wade up to deeper water. The sea itself is the Adriatic, not as clear and beautiful as the Mediterranean and it can get littered and fill with algae. However the next morning it was very, very clear, flat and shiny and I couldn't help but take a swim before breakfast and before heading down to Miramar and then to the town of Trieste. As I said, it's great to be in this secluded part of "Barcola" the coastline strip of marina where locals sunbathe and use as a beach, and to be within a 50 cent bus ride to the town's center. If you use public transport just be careful to validate your ticket and to check on the night schedule which often changes. Don't get stranded. As for the hotel: clean, immaculate, impeccable service, beautiful vistas, nice rooms, expansive bathrooms with glass showers and bidet, a sumptuous breakfast all in the reasonable rate. What more do you want? I did also have dinner. It was a bit pricey (although not very pricey) but totally worth it. The food was delicious. So there's that too. Enjoy.

Room tip: I believe all rooms have a view.
Date of stay: June 2017