“Excellent talking tour - well worth a visit at the start of your holiday”

Trieste Tourist Office
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We went to the tourist office on our first day and the staff were very helpful giving us information on things to do and how to get there (we didn't have a car).
They also do walking tours from the tourist office (you have to book on to them) at 10am. I would highly recommend doing this - the guide was very knowledgeable and gave the tour in both italian and english. She told us a lot about the history of trieste and it gave us a good grounding of the layout of the city.
We also bought FGV cards which gave us free access to many of the attractions, including Miramare castle, and we paid the extra £6 to get unlimited bus travel included. our cards were for 7 days but you could also purchase them for shorter periods of time and I imagine that the added price for the bus travel would then be cheaper also.
The card was particularly useful as we then didn't have to try and find a ticket machine whenever we wanted to get a bus anywhere.

3  Thank abbi M
"euros"
in 5 reviews
"parts"

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My hotel was literally across the street from the tourist office, but she had to look it up on the computer- my phone was dead. You could see the hotel from the office- really?

Reviewed 25 July 2017

The staff were very supportive to me when I was looking for a particular building based on an old black and white photgraph. they were able to identify the building and give me directios to fined it. Thanks to the staff for their help.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Visited the Tourist Office to get information after arriving in the city. We bought Trieste Cards here which provided us with free admission to several locations and unlimited bus trips. Since we didn't have a rental car we used the bus system extensively.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I saw good reviews on Trip Advisor to head to the tourism office, and I am glad I followed this advice. I signed up for the two hour walking tour of the city, and received just enough of a history lesson to inspire me to pursue more on my own. They also told me about the three-day discount card (they have a smaller version as well) which gives you unlimited access on their municipal bus system and free access to museums. That was a good investment, because I rode busses everywhere. The public transport is very good. One thing to keep in mind, as the night progresses there are less busses. I stayed out until after 11:30 p and needed to take the #6 back to my hotel. I think I missed the last one. Here's a tip. Head to the train station, and there is a taxi stand on the side.