“Quaint clean B&B”
Review of Alle 5 Terre

Alle 5 Terre
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Room was comfortable and clean. We stayed in a lofted suite w/ spiral stair case. My boyfriend and I booked this place with my parents under the impression there were two bedrooms but just be aware this is one room. The spiral stair case leads to a standing loft with a double bed and two twin beds. The room was very comfortable and clean. On the lower level there is a Bath w/ a sitting area, fridge, couch and TV. The spiral stair case is narrow and the toilet is on the lower level so if you have to go to the toilet in the middle of the night be careful. I believe the couch pulls out as well on the lower level. There is a delicious breakfast included every morning and Gil who services the rooms and serves breakfast is very friendly. Location is excellent; set in Monterrosso, which I think is the best of the 5, with the best selection of restaurants and shops.

We were a little turned off by Cherry the landlady. We were scolded for arriving late and not making her aware (which we did via Booking.com) and she came to the room later the next day to introduce herself which was very nice but also to let us know she had charged our credit card already. We weren't checking out until the next day and I had purposely brought Euros to pay cash for the room. It was a little bit annoying and an inconvenience.

All in all it was a clean, well maintained room in an excellent location with a delicious included breakfast, other than the credit card bit, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The suite room w spiral stair case has a ground level Bath and lofted bedroom w/ a double bed and tw...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mlm1027

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was traveling with my husband and two other couples through Tuscany and we decided to stay in Cinque Terre at the last minute. This B&B was very clean, charming and Cherry was so hospitable that it made our trip to Cinque Terre extra special. I liked the fact that the B&B was not located in the middle of the noisy downtown area. The accommodations were a short walk from downtown and yes there were stairs, but they were fine. My friends and I were quite pleased by the entire experience. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which was large and airy!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a spacious and clean room with a view of the sea and our hostess, Cherry, was lovely. Very helpful and reduced our room rate as we had to pay for parking.

But there are some negatives. The walls are thin as we could hear a snorer in the next room and people walking in the room above. Also the breakfast was mediocre. All packaged stuff except for a bit of fruit on the first morning and hard boiled eggs on the second morning. And the cappuccino was actually bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn P
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

What a great little find! Perfectly maintained rooms, each with a balcony looking over the hill and down towards the ocean.

Great service, nice breakfast, and clean. A few stairs to the hotel room but good for walking off the evening pasta and limoncello!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night as I'm not sure we could have managed the 180 steps up to the room more than once. It was close to the station and our room did have a sea view but I would have preferred to stay in the old town. The room was basic and although we had a kettle and tea there was no milk. The bathroom was small and had an ant infestation and all felt a bit rundown. Our host was very friendly and helpful though and did provide a lovely breakfast before dropping us back to the station.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple