See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This accommodation actually has four (4) rooms, not three (3) as listed on the website. The fourth room is about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of the others, and has one small window placed high on the wall which is barred and looks onto a brick wall (see photos). Clean room but not nearly the tranquil feel of the rooms listed online.

Enrica acted in a rushed and curt way as she brought me to this room. I was very disappointed and surprised as I had chosen to splurge on Memo Rooms thinking I would get a room shown on the website. I asked to be moved and was, though it left a bad impression as I felt Enrica was dishonest and had falsely advertised her accommodations. I would not stay here again as I prefer to support straight-forward, honest business transactions.

I have heard that Vernazza's hospitality is less than other towns in the Cinque Terre b/c of their prime location for a swimming hole; if I were to do this trip again I would stay in Monterosso for its plethora of sites (old and new town) or Manarola (lots of history, small town feel, and vineyard walk). Vernazza is beautiful but this experience was enough to turn me to (and recommend) the other towns which I visited during day trips.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, be sure to specify you do not want the small fourth room I have described, or at least negotiate a cheaper rate.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank joietravel
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This was our second trip to Vernazza. We stayed in these rooms before. This time--we were right on the main street. Not as nice as Memo Room 1--which is right by the church. Ask for Memo Room 1 to see if it is available.

Rooms are very clean and spacious. You can't help but love it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We had a lovely stay here loved the town of Vernazza. Enrica was terrific and we would highly recommend staying in these clean comfortable rooms. Bathrooms were spacious clean, and private in room. The town of Vernazza was our favorite in Cinque Terra and these rooms were so convenient to the train, trails and great food.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room for less noise. The outer rooms are along the main strip in Vernazza- this is fun if you don't mind the noise. All rooms are up steep stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LucylooDenver
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We were a bit hesitant about staying in Vernazza following the 2011 floods but we need not have worried as the town was just as charming as ever. The room we had faced the main road in town as subsequently was quite loud during the evenings. Our main concern was putting our 11 month old to sleep but as she was so exhausted from the day's activities that the noise became white noise. Even the ultra loud trains passing through the nights became background noise in the end! My partner is a light sleep and even he did not mind the noise as the location was just fantastic.
Enrica, the lady that runs Memo Room was very helpful and more than willing to help. She even lent us an Italian phrase book to use during our stay.
The room we had was comfortable and clean and it was great value for money. We would definitely return to Memo Rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Indagatrix
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We were pleasantly suprised by the bright and clean room. The bathroom was also very clean and the shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure.
The walls however are paper thin. We could hear our neighbors talking at a normal volume. As mentioned elsewhere, you hear the train passing regularly, and on the night we stayed there was a concert in the street that started at 9:45 p.m. Luckily we had earplugs!
There's a wonderful focaccia bakery just two doors down where we grabbed our morning sustenance, and a gelateria right next door to satisfy the sweet tooth before checking in for the night.
If you want a restful night, you may want to look elsewhere. If you're well prepared (with earplugs!) and want to be in the center of it all, then stay at Enrica's.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple