Affittacamere Tonino Basso(Vernazza)(Great Value!)
US$121
Camere Giuliano(Vernazza)
    • Free Internet
    Rooms La Torre(Vernazza)
    TripAdvisor
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I stayed in Memo's Rooms for 3 nights in June. It was fantastic. We had a bit of a hard time finding Enrica (we didnt bring cell phones), but after asking a local shop owner she connected us. Our room was off the main road but was one of the inner rooms. It was one of the biggest rooms we had during our entire trip through Italy. The room was very clean, had a big queen size bed with good linens, was spacious and had a great bathroom. As we stayed here for 3 nights Enrica came back on the 2nd day to tidy up and restock the bathroom. We weren't expecting this and it was greatly appreciated. I would absolutely stay here again. Vernazza was one of our favourite towns and all the restaurants and shops served fantastic food. You cannot even tell that Vernazza was flooded - it was cleaned up so well and has kept the quiet, rustic and stunning qualities it had before. We had a wonderful experience here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Dane417
    Reviewed 9 July 2013

Vernazza is a very quaint Cinque Terre village; stepping off of the train is like walking onto a movie set. Memo's Room is right in the center of the town, so the location is a plus. Other reviewers have complained of the noise, but we were not bothered. For some reason, the photos on the website make the rooms look more upscale than they actually are. I would describe the accommodations as basic in terms of comfort. In contrast to staying in hotels or B&B's, you are renting a room. Enrica, the owner, met us after we arrived from the train station, helped us with getting our bags up the stairs, and gave us the key. We did not see her again until we checked out. If a central location and independence is what you're looking for, this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
    2  Thank simplegurl
    Reviewed 7 July 2013

This accommodation actually has four (4) rooms, not three (3) as listed on the website. The fourth room is about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of the others, and has one small window placed high on the wall which is barred and looks onto a brick wall (see photos). Clean room but not nearly the tranquil feel of the rooms listed online.

Enrica acted in a rushed and curt way as she brought me to this room. I was very disappointed and surprised as I had chosen to splurge on Memo Rooms thinking I would get a room shown on the website. I asked to be moved and was, though it left a bad impression as I felt Enrica was dishonest and had falsely advertised her accommodations. I would not stay here again as I prefer to support straight-forward, honest business transactions.

I have heard that Vernazza's hospitality is less than other towns in the Cinque Terre b/c of their prime location for a swimming hole; if I were to do this trip again I would stay in Monterosso for its plethora of sites (old and new town) or Manarola (lots of history, small town feel, and vineyard walk). Vernazza is beautiful but this experience was enough to turn me to (and recommend) the other towns which I visited during day trips.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, be sure to specify you do not want the small fourth room I have described, or at least negotiate a cheaper rate.
    • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
    3  Thank joietravel
    Reviewed 9 June 2013

This was our second trip to Vernazza. We stayed in these rooms before. This time--we were right on the main street. Not as nice as Memo Room 1--which is right by the church. Ask for Memo Room 1 to see if it is available.

Rooms are very clean and spacious. You can't help but love it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 24 February 2013

We had a lovely stay here loved the town of Vernazza. Enrica was terrific and we would highly recommend staying in these clean comfortable rooms. Bathrooms were spacious clean, and private in room. The town of Vernazza was our favorite in Cinque Terra and these rooms were so convenient to the train, trails and great food.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room for less noise. The outer rooms are along the main strip in Vernazza- this is fun if you don't mind the noise. All rooms are up steep stairs.
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple