See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2016

This was our 3rd time to stay with Enrica(Memo's Room) over the years. Her rooms are always clean and great locations. Be ready to climb the stairs, but that is the charm of Vernazza. Her price is very reasonable for the Cinque Terre area. When we get close to Vernazza we just call her and she will meet us on the street and help carry our luggage to the room.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Great location! Wow! Halfway from the shore and the train station. So quiet, we had great sleep. Enrica met us at the station after we got help calling her when we arrived earlier than we advised her. She's curt but not unfriendly. We found her trustworthy. However, we did get put in a room without a number, so it may be considered the overflow room. Perhaps the rooms 1-3 were already taken or for longer stays. Our room was darker than the 3 on the website, no views. The lighting was extremely dim, even in the bathroom. At first we found the room nicely designed, very minimal, very clean, no strong odours of perfumes or cleaning products... fragrance-free, which we liked. The towels, however, felt "crunchy" as if they have been line-dried, which we didn't mind but they also had an odd odour... we weren't sure of the detergent used; was not perfumey but was not odourless either. I would almost bring my own towels. There's no wifi, it's hard to come by when renting rooms in CT areas. And CT has a lot of steep stairs, including this room, if that is something that would concern you. There's no lift. Other than all this, I really enjoyed our stay. Could have been better but the location and price made up for everything. Vernazza was perfect for us.

Room Tip: ask for Rooms 1, 2, or 3. They have more light and face the main road.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2015

Enrica was able to accommodate 4 of us with 2 rooms on short notice by email. She made arrangements with a shopkeeper friend across the street to greet us and let her know we had arrived. The rooms were simple but nice. Location couldn't have been better, a block from the train station and a block from the harbor square.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Memo's Room are very close to the train station and centrally located in Vernazza. The room I had was very basic. Just a bed, bathroom and closet (no phone, wifi, fridge, breakfast etc) but it was very clean and I enjoyed being on the main street for the people watching out my window! It is up a fairly sttep 2 flights of stairs to get to the room so if you have bad knees this is not hte place for you. The only drawback for me was Enrica herself. I dont know if she was having a bad few days or not but she doesn't seem to enjoy the hospitality industry. Not very friendly, kind of brusque and once she gets you passport and hands the key off thats it. You dont see her until it's time to pay. There was no discussion of the own or things to do or even "call me if you need anything". However - the room is very convenient to everything in Vernazza. It was super clean, had a nice big closet and extra pillows & blankets which I appreciated. I guess I just expected a little more warmth from the proprietor. Also - since Vernazza is so small there is really nowhere to escape the train noise and church bells. I just wore earplugs and slept very well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ElVee2010
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Central location, reasonable price. Bed OK. Bathroom had no place to hang towel. Soap, but no shampoo. Two flights of very steep stairs. Room opened on the back with window to rocky wall. Noisy from trains passing. Seemed as though the sound was amplified. Basic room with very good location, except for the steps.

Room Tip: If we stayed here again, I would chose a room on the front facing the street. I do not believe it would be any more noisy than the back room we had.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple