US$768
US$699
US$992
    Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,214/night.

US$95
    US$806
    US$752
    Priceline
    • Breakfast included
    Best Western Regina Elena(Santa Margherita Ligure)
    US$294
    US$260
    • Beachfront
    TripAdvisor
    • Beachfront
    Hotel Eden(Portofino)
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    1,033 results
    All reviewspiano barthe main hotelterrace restaurantsister hotelportofino bayhill overlookingbeautiful hotelpool staffthe entire staffamazing locationbottle of proseccoevery eveningour honeymooninfinity poolpastaexpensive hotelgorgeous views
    Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is so old in terms of furniture. They may want to keep the style of the 50s or 60s i get it but they can renovate. The bathrooms are sooo small, rooms are too, gym is limited. Paying that much for a night, you expect the best.

2  Thank Danah A
    DeMegni, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Splendido & Belmond Splendido Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Danah A,

first of all let me thank you to have shared your 'Splendido Experience' with all the TripAdvisor community. We are always looking for ways to improve our service, and our Guests comments and suggestions, whether positive or negative, are an invaluable part of that process.

I am very sorry to learn our Hotel did not reach your expectation, but in any case I would like to inform you as follows:

-The site was originally home to an ancient Benedectine Monastery in the 16th century and has been turned into a Hotel 116 years ago. From when the company bought it in 1985, every ​year during the closure period we do regular refurbishment of rooms, bathrooms and common areas trying to maintain the oldfashioned and at the same time combine it with the lastest trends in hospitality.

The main peculiarity of our Hotel is that all our rooms are different in terms of size and decor. For example, the smallest room is 25m2 and the largest is 140m2, while our bathrooms go from 5,50m2 to 24m2.

-The Fitness Centre at Belmond Hotel Splendido is divided in two gyms equipped with the newest exercise machines, with hardwood floors throughout and sea views via a spectacular glass wall.
    The one dedicated to cardio has ​1 cyclette, 1 spinning cyclette, 1 step machine and 2 tapis roulant. The second one has 1 rack for dumbbells, 1 multifunction fitness machine, 1 multipower, 1 water rower, 2 benches, 5 medicine balls and 6 fit balls.

Our hotel is world-wide famous for its features, an ancient monastery with all modern services, hidden in the Natural Regional Park of Portofino protected by UNESCO, a 10 minutes walk from the most exclusive location of Italy.

I take this opportunity to thank you once more for your feedback, all the Splendido Team hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the nearby future in Portofino!

With my very best regards

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Spectacular hotel. Excellent food, customer service. Special shout out of Vladimir, the pianist at the cocktail bar who makes every night so enjoyable. My wife has a more detailed review under Shelli S. Highly recommend

Stayed: September 2017
    1  Thank David P
    DeMegni, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Splendido & Belmond Splendido Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear David P,

first of all let me thank you and your wife Shelli S. to have find the time to write to exquisite reviews about our Hotel and to have shared your 'Splendido experience' with all the TripAdvisor community.
    It is a great pleasure to read you enjoyed so much your stay! I will extend your kind and positive words to all the Splendido Team, especially to our Maestro Vladimir.

We are all looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming the two of you soon in Portofino and assure you enjoy 'La Dolce Vita'.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel overlooking Portofino. Easy shuttle into town (5 minutes). Friendly staff. Great service. The bar was hopping. Can't say enough nice things about this hotel. Expensive - but well worth the price. We will definitely go back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    DeMegni, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Splendido & Belmond Splendido Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Jack B,

first of all let me thank you to have shared your 'Splendido experience' with all the TripAdvisor community.
    It is a great pleasure to read you enjoyed so much your stay!
    All the Splendido team is honoured to read your kind and positive words. Our guests' satisfcation it is what keeps motivating us to try our best.

We are all looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the nearby future in Portofino and to render you next stay even more Splendido!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I first stayed at the Splendido 32 years ago. I could never forget how beautiful the hotel and the setting were. Simply stunning! It was exclusive and expensive, and a bit snooty three decades ago.

The hotel seems to be thriving under the management of Belmont. I am so impressed with how they oversee every detail. The hotel is still exclusive but only in the sense that it is, of course, expensive. But I feel they are very inclusive in their attitude. How they make every guest feel very welcome, whether they arrive in a t-shirt and flip-flops or whether they come in the most fashionable Italian attire. Fundamentally the Splendido is a resort and guests come with a more casual relaxed attitude, albeit Italian style.

We had a lovely Junior suite, room 472. It has a beautiful harbor view and a double balcony.
    The room was a bit small as this is an old building. There was very little space to unpack or to store clothing. Really only one or two drawers. Our bathroom however did have a double sink which was appreciated.

Room service was the fastest I have ever experienced in any hotel anywhere in the world. We ordered a full, hot breakfast and it arrived within seven minutes. I called in the order order and got in the shower. I was not even halfway done and food arrived! And it was excellent. The food at the pool and in La Terrazza was also delicious, and those will be covered in separate reviews.

The hotel has a shuttle to take guests up and down the hill every 15 minutes. We did not find it an inconvenience at all as they were extremely timely and I don't think we ever waited more than six or seven minutes. Belmont owns the Splendido Mare as well and they work cooperatively with each other. Any shopping purchases we made over the course of our stay we could dropped off at the Mare and could be taken up to our hotel for us.

Staying here in Portofino reminds me of staying in Vernazza in the Cinque Terre. Just a feast for the eyes! A visually dynamic environment; people coming and going, boats coming and going, and the light and the scene in front of you always changing. Both places are wonderful. One is a bit more upscale, and the other more casual ...but both very, very special. And the Splendido is a jewel in the Belmond crown.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    DeMegni, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Splendido & Belmond Splendido Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Michaela,

first of all let me thank you to have find the time to write such a exquisite and detailed review and to have shared your Splendido experience with all the TripAdvisor community.
    It is a great pleasure to read you enjoyed so much your stay and that you value our property a jewel in the Belmond crown. All the Splendido & Splendido Mare Team is honoured to read your kind and positive words.

Please do not wait other 32 years to come visit us!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Splendido Mare smaller boutique hotel 16 rooms totally an amazing location on the waterfront, fabulous service by the team.
    The man that plays the piano in the evening has been there for 20 years and it's a wright old sing along we loved it. We had 4 nights absolutely fabulous. Great day walks and wonderful restaurant.

1  Thank Tim S
    DeMegni, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Splendido & Belmond Splendido Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Tim S.

first of all let me thank you to have shared your 'Splendido Mare Experience' with all the TripAdvisor community.

It is a great pleasure to read you enjoyed so much your stay! I will extend your kind and positive words to alle the Splendido Mare Team, especially to our Maestro Moro!

We are all looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the nearby future in the Piazzetta and to render your next stay even more Splendido!