“Elegant place, quality sushi”
Review of Tokyo

Tokyo
Ranked #55 of 614 Restaurants in Como
Price range: US$37 - US$59
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I had a lovely dinner last night with my partner at this restaurant, the sushi we had was good quality, fresh and tasty, as well as the tempura. The waiters were prepared and professional and they assisted us trough the dinner. We had a great time and a delicious experience in here and I will definetly come back soon. As I believe in “quality over quantity” I’d suggest to come in a place like this for an authentic sushi experience as it’s better than those “all you can eat” businesses. Thank you for the nice evening guys!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank SwissIncognito95

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and good food. Service was also relatively fast. Recommend others to try it. Seems it doesn't need reservation

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Tokyo is the best Japanese restaurant I have eaten in around the Como/Ticino (Switzerland area). The sushi is always fresh and excellent, and quickly tailor made to satisfy our cravings. The sushi is so well served and so varied that this place can easily be compared to some of top end Japanese restaurants in London; And here it is a lot more inexpensive! Its actually shocking how much other Japanese restaurants charge for for e.g., Fatty Tuna, or Toro, always listed as a delicacy, and yet at Tokyo, you get huge portions for fraction of the price elsewhere; and the same goes for salmon sashimi and yellowtail.
For the cherry on the top, they have excellent green teas and the service is always excellent; The manager is a delight, to the point of being theatrically entertaining and always caters to our requests; this is further reinforced by the rest of the staff. Just last saturday we arrived at 3pm as they were closing, and we were famished and dreaming of their sushi as it had been before summer since we had been there. One of the staff called Jomar, was kind enough to extend fantastic hospitality and made our late lunch everything we had dreamed of! He offered us excellent service and went beyond what was expected! Thank you and keep up the good work! I highly recommend this restaurant!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

This place is well known for being one of the best sushi place in this area, the restaurant is nice very well designed and decorated in traditional Japanese style, clean and modern.
The staff is well trained polite and courteous.
The food was good nothing exceptional but good compared to the other sushi places around Como and Varese I must admit Tokyo is indeed the best out of them all.
The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food and service.
Had a great date night here and I will definitely be back for more 8/10 for me.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

The food was amazing and although it may take a small amount more than usual to prepare you can tell it's because it's all good quality sushi. No complaints whatsoever. Amazing food, amazing staff who is very sweet and accommodating. Went 3 times in a month and will definitely be back!

Date of visit: August 2016