3 people are viewing this hotel
US$231
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$232
Destinia.com
US$201
Expedia.comUS$232
PricelineUS$231
eDreamsUS$231
All reviews rooftop pool great pool design hotel excellent hotel top floor the entire staff great amenities booked this hotel rooms are spacious reception desk public transportation shopping area the location is perfect city centre tram gym luigi
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2019 via mobile

I used Bonvoy app to book my stay. Front desk informed me about double booking issue at my arrival but indicated problem was resolved 1hour later - the app having duplicated my booking. In fact, they waited for a day after my departure to charge my card by claiming their hotel has nothing to do with Marriott Bonvoy group.
I am disputing the amount.
Expect of unfair billing practices, good quality hotel.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank A8069PLerica
DiegoN2028, General Manager at Hotel VIU Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2019

Dear A8069PLerica,

Please accept our sincerest apologises for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay.
We are part of Design Hotels, and the booking was made through Marriott Bonvoy.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and make sure to match your expectations.

Reviewed 4 July 2019

This was a lovely hotel - very clean and the service was outstanding. My room was easily large enough for two (even the bathroom - with a heated towel bar and light controls for the whole room at the bed). The rooftop pool was lovely and the hotel bar had outstanding cocktails - like beyond. The location is not ideal for sightseeing on foot, but every time we needed transportation the staff had a cab available within 5 minutes. I even left a few items in the room and they were very helpful in getting them back to me (in the US). I was very happy with my stay.

1  Thank StaceyHKC
DiegoN2028, General Manager at Hotel VIU Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Dear StaceyHKC,

Thank you very much for rating us at the top score. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was at your expectation. Hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed 1 July 2019 via mobile

This hotel has all the amenities and comfort you want, whether you’re in Milan for work or pleasure. My suite was extremely comfortable, clean, and quiet. The staff was very attentive and friendly, and although some reviews have disliked the location, I really liked it. Sure, it’s not in the dead centre of the touristy areas, but why would you want to stay there? Those areas are often too crowded and annoying. This hotel is in a wonderful and interesting neighbourhood, so you can explore something really Milanese vs a touristy version. It’s safe, so you can easily walk to the Duomo, for example, or take public transportation or a taxi/rideshare. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, and I will do so again on my next trip to
Milan.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear guerragirl,

Thank you very much for your beautiful words. It’s very important for us to receive our guest’s feedback in order to know we are going to the right way and our efforts are appreciated. We are delighted to know you appreciate the rooms, our restaurant and also the position, not so distant from the main district of Milan but quite far from the hustle of the city. We really hope to welcome you again in the hotel and show you our services are becoming even more better as per your expectations!

Reviewed 26 June 2019 via mobile

Pay attention. False advertisement. The pool is someday fully privatized. Like today. I was kick out by four men while the pool was supposed to be open one more hour. And believe me when it is 35c outside paying for a hotel with a pool make sense. I was treated like I wasn't a guest of the hotel !

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank PrincipessaLili

Dear PrincipessaLili,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Best regards

Reviewed 19 June 2019

The Viu Hotel Milan
This is a new hotel ,open a little more than a year, in a run down area next to Chinatown. There are great views of the Cemeteria where Toscanini is buried from the top floor bar. The view is currently unpleasant due to construction but eventually a park will cover what is now underground parking.

A taxi to the Duomo or center runs 10 to 15 Euros . There is a tram stop but getting tickets for it can be quite difficult as the local stores that sell them are often closed! The hotel does not run a shuttle to town as does the Principe Savoia which is about the same distance from the center but on the North East side of town.

The best part of the stay was the very attentive and gracious desk clerk, Clara who goes way out of her way to help her guests!

The rooms are well appointed and well decorated in a very contemporary minimalistic style. There are plenty of outlets!
There is an roof top pool and bar which is pleasant after a long day but the restaurant downstairs has no flavor and the service appears amateurish.

There appear to be very few Italian restaurants of quality near by.

It will be a while before this hotel is ready to be a first choice in its expensive price category.

Room tip: You want to be on the side overlooking what will be a new park which is under construction.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank celebrationtiger
DiegoN2028, Direttore generale at Hotel VIU Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2019

Dear Celebrationtiger

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience at the Hotel VIU Milan.
We regret to know that your stay wasn't at your expectation and in particular that you found our location not so good.
We are not not so distant from the main district of Milan, 10 minutes by taxi or 15 minutes by tram.
We always take in great consideration our guest's opinion, in order to improve our service and try to made all your stay unforgettable. Hope we will have the occasion to welcome you again and show you all our improvement.