Hotel Boston
Hilton
US$92
US$76
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel Madison(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$102
US$128
US$118
  • Breakfast included
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$113
US$153
US$116
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2015

If you're looking for a cheap spot then you'll be served. We had to stay there for less than 10 hours cause we we're checking out at 1 am because of our shuttle to malpensa. The best thing about it is the location easily 5 minutes on foot to the centrale station.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Service is run by young ladies, from certain part of world, who do not speak italian, nor english, who spend time with their friends and do not want serve customers. Room needed fixing and air conditioning did not work in 39 C. Breakfast room needed cleaning. Location is good, nothing else.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2015

For a quick stay, it's not bad. But very spartian. The rooms look like hospital rooms, the TV worked well, the place was fairly clean - but I've seen better. The area at night time is not great if you want to return late. Convenient for the Station, but the new staff is not exactly what you would call multilingual. The fellow at the main desk is courteous but not exactly smiling, speaks Italian OK, but no one else whom I saw among the staff spoke anything but an Asian language which I'm not familiar with. The self-service buffet breakfast is generous and provides a good choice. I spent 60 euros for myself, plus city tourist tax. I have very mixed feelings about this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2015

I really can't offer a view that reflects what others may find since my own expeiece was a very personal thing.
We had been booked into a hotel justdown from this one but I had got the dates wrong so had to find another hotel for the first night.
The Boston was right next door to our booked one so we stayed there.
I had 2 single rooms. One for myself and the other for my niece. Reception was right at the door, a bit in the face but the Chinese woman at reception seemed helpful.
My room was more or less what I epected for a budget one night stay. Tired looking but clean with the linen smelling well washed and ironed. Same things for the towels. Carpet was the cheap corrugated stuff but it was also clean and the single bed was very comfy with a well sprung base.

So first impression was more or less what you'd expect froma 2 star budget hotel.
Then I had to take a couple f paraetoml for travel aches and there wasn no glass to use. No cup, no kettle, nothing to old water. So the top of a tin of deodorant was brought into play.

Then I thought a shower would be nice to freshen up. Shower? Wrong use of the word in this place.
I ain'tkidding bu the cubicle was so damn small that the door could only open 14 inches. The shower base was at most only 24 inches and I had my not extravagently large stomach firmly wedged agains the glass with my back on the lever that turned the water on and off and adjustd the temparature.
In fact I was all soaped up when the water just went off. No reason that I could think of. It just stopped.
It took me a few minutes to realise that I was so tightly wedged in the miniscule booth that I had bent down to wash my fiddly bits and my back had pushed the lever in and turned the water off.

OK. A jokes a joke but a shower cubicle you can't get into is beyond imagination. I didn't now they even made them that small.

Anyway I did mange. Just.

So off to bed later on and I was impressed with the lovely lavender smell coming from somewhere at the top of the bed. Nice touch.

The next smell was something altogether different. I woke up around 1 in the morning to a horrible stench. The council street cleaning team had been out earlier in the street and i thought it must have been something they had disturbed in their duties so I closed the windown and went back to sleep.
I woke up again around an hour later and I was almost sick with the stench.
I went to the bathroom and it smelled worse in here and it ight have been that it was an pen sewer I was going into. I mean nauseating to the point of retching.
I went to reception but of course no-one was there to do anything. I had nothing else to do but stay in the room with the bathroom door closed and the window wide open but the smell still crept through.

I had to use the toilet twice. For standing only though as I had to hold my breath while doing the biz. I had to get out as soon as I could.

There was no way I could take a shower in there in the morning. I couldn't wash my face, clean my teeth or anything as by now it was smelling of raw sewage.
My neice called in my room on her way downstairs before the breakfast we were going to have, and she was kocked out at the stench and had to leave the room almost immediately.

Reception didn't want to know. They didn't even come up to the room to check it out. No refund, no word of apology nothing. I told them that if they didn't refund my room then I would just do a chargeback for the total bill for two rooms when I returned home.
So that's the way I left it.

Second point is that me neice's room had the same absurdly small shower booth but she had no bad smell so for the price and hotel standard would have been OK. But only for the 2 star rating.
Needless to sat we didn'tdo breakfast in the place. I mean smeling of sewers sort of puts you off trying to contract salmonella or some other airborn disease.

Room Tip: choose it some other place entirely
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynnzer
Reviewed 6 March 2015

We had just walk in in this hotel without any pre-bookings ! Great Locations -few streets away from Stazione Centrale , basically walking distance to all main attraction !!! The Chinese lady at reception was ok ! Very clean place ,though tired ,need some refurbishment ! Free Wi-Fi ! Abit noisy at night cos of the tiny walls .Although for overnight stopover does its job ! Luggage room was at no charge !

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple