“Free wifi, free minibar, happy hour and a lot more”

Hotel Spadari al Duomo
Ranked #2 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Hotel Spadari in Milan is one of the best boutique hotels we have stayed in. The property was quite small (the lifts would comfortably fit only three persons) but it was very well compensated with the very efficient and friendly service (special mention for Bruna who was always attentive,smiling and genuinely helpful with our needs, from package tape to restaurant recommendations). Me and my husband's room was on the smallish side but it's good enough for a couple. My children's room (all three adults) was more spacious. You won't go hungry while staying here. Fruits were placed everywhere so you could always grab a piece or two anytime you feel like. A 24 hour snack table was filled with an assortment of delicious cookies (I think they are from Peck's which is an expensive and premium delicatessen and are sold for several euros for a few pieces) and fresh fruits. Mineral water anywhere in the hotel was free. During the happy hour which is between seven pm to 9pm, there was a good selection of tasty and filling finger foods (pancetta with cream cheese warpped in rocket lettuce), olives, dried fruits and nuts, a variety of chips and cookies, all these without cost. We had the chance to sample their food, both from the restaurant and room service and they were delicious and in generous portions at a very good price. Some items in the minibar were free including the sodas (coke and orange soda), mineral water, tomato juice and some chocolates and peanuts. Best of all, wifi was free anywhere in the hotel. The rooms were spotless, bathroom with shower and tub together plus a toilet and a bidet. Good water pressure and ample bathroom amenities. Breakfast was superb. Freshly prepared breads,spreads, variety of cheeses, sweet cakes and cold meats were available. Eggs were cooked to order.Hot and cold beverages were included. Service was fast and efficient (they replenish quite quickly, leaving no serving plates empty).If there's only one negligible fault I could think of, it would be the noise coming from the water pipes. There would always be something going on in the pipes even if you're not using it (maybe from the neighbor's room). But as I've said, with all the good things this hotel has to offer, it was a miniscule dark spot in their otherwise spotless reputation. Location cant' be beat. The Duomo is few minutes walk away and shops were everywhere out of the doorstep. Don't miss the Peck which is just right next to the hotel. I visited it on my last day with only an hour to spare and I couldn't get enough of the spectacular array of food items from cooked meals to bottles of condiments, spices and tins of good quality olive oil. Had I known, I would have allocated at least two hours to browse through it's three floors of delicious offerings.
I think Spadari offers good value with all the freebies and advantage it has compared to other hotels. Keep it up Spadari!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank redstone1365
Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I recently spent 3 nights here on my way through Italy & wanted somewhere super central but comfortable.
This hotel certainly met my criteria as the location really is unbeatable. It is 1 minute to the Duomo & the best of Milanese shopping is close by. It is also easy to experience other parts of the city & I had dinner one evening over in the canal area - a very nice place to go & about a 20 minute walk.
The service here is a strong point - everyone is super friendly! The breakfasts were a highlight & really fill you up for a days sightseeing/shopping...
The rooms aren't huge but they are comfortable enough. The only gripe I had was the noise outside - but it is the centre of town I guess. The windows are double glazed but you can still hear the garbage trucks, trams, car alarms etc which made a few early mornings for me.
Definitely worth staying at - especially if you are only in Milan for a day or two & want everything close by.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank WalterBW
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Very good room with a excellent shower (special double shower).
Service friendly and efficient.
Very nice breakfast.
Great location, about 200m from Piazza Duomo, Galleria Vittorio Emanuelle, a lot of fine restaurants, good places to shopping and beside the "Pecks", the best deli in Milan.
Free wifi and a computer avaiable for the guests in the lobby.
Water and soft drinks free in the room minibar.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed twice at Spadari during my recent trip to Italy, at the beginning and end of the trip, since I'm flying in and out of Milan. We enjoyed our stay on both occasions and highly recommend the hotel. The location is great - near the Duomo and major sights and just 5 mins walk from the subway. The service is unbeatable and very warm. Like many said, I really cannot praise them enough. Even before I checked in, when I first made my booking on-line and requested for certain types of room, the hotel manager replied within 24hours to discuss my request. When I checked in, the staff accurately noted that I'm scheduled to come back again the following week. We got in on an overnight flight from Asia and arrived way before check-in time. The staff sat us down with capuccinos (and snacks) and told us a room will be cleaned within an hour. And while we waited, the staff actually brought our luggage directly to the room, without us even asking for it. So we managed to check-in early. I accidentally left behind a sweater and charger during my first stay. When I called, the hotel told me that they've already found them and will keep them for me till I check in on my second stay. The restaurant recommendations were good. The breakfast selection is wide and include cook to orders. There's English newspapers and magazines on the front desk area. And unlimited soft drinks and water from the room bar.

My only grouse is the shower. The glass panel is too small and covers under half the length of the bath tub. You really need to tip toe around the head of the bathtub to avoid spilling water everywhere. Even then, you'll make a mess of the floor. I wish there's full length shower curtains.

We intend to return to this hotel, each and every time we drop by at Milan. Great job!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dickson G
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Truly terrific hotel, lovely friendly English speaking staff. I can write nothing that hasn't been written before. Great touches, free wifi, free soft drinks from the mini bar, free breakfast, what's not to like and it's not too expensive!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family