“Best Western Hotel Major”

Best Western Hotel Major
Ranked #170 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 24 May 2017

The hotel is located relatively far fro the center, about 2 miles, but there's a metro station nearby. They have a parking facility but we found a spot on the street in front of the hotel at €1/hr thru 8 pm (next day was Sunday, no charge). The room was decent size, the furniture old-fashioned but functional, good bedding. The breakfast was good too. Helpful staff and good wi-fi.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Anyone attending the annual Salne del Mobile fair held at Fieromilano will know that location for accommation is essential. Location was within 1min walk from hotel to Metro. Perfect. Hotel reasonably located within Milan - access to metro made a big difference. Staying at Best Western hotels always guarantee a good breakfast. Really good spread with friendly service. Rooms clean and spacious. Views not great but this didn't worry us since we were out at the fair all day and it was a case of leaving early and arriving back late. Front desk service also friendly and were able to meet our needs with assistance where needed. Would definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: perhaps request room overlooking main road - not back end of hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Stefania M, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Major, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Anthea, I'm Stefania Marabelli Best Western Hotel Major 'Manager.
Thank you, thank you very much for your survey.
I really hope you will choose again our property for your next trip even if it is not the Furniture Fair period.
Don't forget to use the official website , you will always find the best available rates and conditions.

Best regards,
Stefania Marabelli

Reviewed 15 April 2017

What I liked? The location, close to the historic center, near the metro, which made movement anywhere in the city easy. The room- sufficiently spacious, bright and, very important, windows that can be opened. The hotel is placed in a quiet zone, tourists are not bothered by street noise. The bed and pillows are very comfortable, I also liked the good quality linen - spotless and changed daily. Toilet kit - good quality, updated daily. I liked the fact that there is room heaters, water and tea and coffee are free. Reception non-stop, free coffee and tea.

What I don't liked? The soundproofing, you can hear the noise made by other tourists who (and this is not the hotel's fault!) shows a lack of respect and education.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed here on business and when I got there the greeting wasn't brilliant and the decor a bit dated in the reception area so I wasn't expecting much from the hotel.

The room was clean, functional and plenty of room to work. The view was blocks of flats but not a problem for me as I was in Milan for meetings so wouldn't be in the hotel much anyway.

Needing to prepare some work for the following day, and in desperate need of printing a document, I went down and spoke with reception (at midnight) and they couldn't have been more helpful. Document sent over and printed for me and when I asked about cost, they said it was no charge.

Breakfast was good and plentiful with friendly staff.

Overall a great little hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Don't be put off by the dated decor when going in.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights recently. The hotel is air conditioned, basic but clean and functional. No charm at all but usefully located near the metro.

There was a breakfast in the morning that we thought was complimentary but wasn't. Toast and coffee and fruit were fine; I would steer clean clear of the eggs and hot food.

Front desk service was usually fine: they called taxis for us when needed and brought an iron to our room for us. The night before we left I asked about taking a taxi to Malpensa, and was told the time it would take and that they could call in the morning and a taxi would arrive in minutes. What we learned the next morning is that unless you called in advance, you couldn't guarantee a flat rate to the airport. Since a metered run to Malpensa can run well over 100 Euro, that would have been helpful information to know the day before...

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Stefania M, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Major, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Dear Mustlovewine, I'm Stefania Marabelli BW Htl Major' Manager and I would like to thank you for your recent survey.
I guess that the Reception Desk missundestood your request and that the taxi was for the Airport, I apoloigze for that , I do confirm we usually call for both airports a private car service and the rate is 90.00 €.
I don't confirm we sell no breakfast included rate as base, if you book online with the official websites you may buy breakfast for just 1,00 € , during low season period, in the weekends you may book also special promotion rate.

Do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance.

Best regards,