“Fit for purpose of a short stay”
Review of Soperga Hotel

Soperga Hotel
Ranked #162 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 29 May 2016

Friend and I stayed in this hotel for four nights in April . Hotel is in close proximity to Central station and metro links. The hotel's lobby gave an outdated first impression ; however we were professionally and warmly welcomed. Quite contrary to the lobby our superior room was modern, sleek, spacious and nicely furnished with large comfortable bed. I liked the attention to details with the lighting. The bathroom also had a wow factor ; however the water pressure in the shower was very poor, dreadful to be honest. I failed to see the point of the two shower heads within one cubicle, especially when none of them worked well enough (no hot water from one ). The breakfast was adequate, slightly repetitive with limited choices and hot option. The whole breakfast affair (just like the hotel and it's staff) had a quick in-out business like feeling. Free wifi is available but access code is required and changed daily.
Overall this is a good hotel in convenient location for a short trips to Milan.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 May 2016

We stayed here because we were traveling to Lake Como but needed to stay over in Milan and this was close to the train station and had an excellent rate. The room was on the small side but very clean and modern... way more than I expected for the price I paid. The only problem was the bed. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels over the course of my life(from super high end to very low end) and I can not remember a mattress being this uncomfortable. It reminded me of one of those mattresses that folds out of a couch... from a time before they found out how to make them comfortable. It was hard as a rock and you could feel every spring. I barely slept because of this. Everything else was fine... The bathroom/shower was small but completely adequate. The hotel would be doing themselves a huuuuge favor by updating the mattresses. I was in room 114... in case it was just my room... but I doubt it.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the back courtyard can be loud in the morning as every noise echos
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2016

location is good, near railway station. Lobby was bright , but everything else was dark and painted dark brorwn colors, even the courtains looked dirty. Breakfast was good and breakfast room was okey. Gym looked nice, didn't use it.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2016

The hotel is near the central station and quite close to two different metro stations(3 metro lines). The room was very clean and the breakfast was good enough. It is ideal for someone (like me) who needs a short stay, in good price and satisfying services.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2016

This was our first trip to Milan, when I write my reviews I generally give an overview of the area etc..

This hotel is located very close to the Central Station, I searched the distance and it said around 7 minutes but we did get lost and it took ages to find the hotel...

Remember these points to get to the hotel easily & quickly

If you arrive by bus the stop is just outside the main station, this area is known as Piazza Luigi di Savoia, always look at the street names....

Don't go towards the railway station, you will get lost, once your bus stops turn around and look for the Hotel Star Anderson, (there are 2 Star Hotels next to each other) once you see this hotel keep walking straight Via Soperga for around 7 mins, keep walking another block and then you will find the hotel.

It took us ages to find it and we did get lost a few times but if you follow this you shouldn't get lost....if you come from the train station again its very quick to find, go past the taxi rank and just follow the above steps

The check in was quick, room was nice but a bit small, no balcony, there was no view and the shutters did not go up.

The curtains were quite thin and not blackout, no window nets either....

I could only find 1 socket in the whole room that would take an adapter, there are plenty of sockets next to switches which I think is dangerous as we were pressing those instead of the switches.

No Iron!!!, they offer an ironing service but its chargeable

Breakfast was continental, plenty of options available and nice hot drinks

I don't think this hotel is disabled friendly, plenty of steps everywhere…

Take care, as there was a step in the bathroom , if you didn't look you could trip, also another step when going for breakfast.

The hotel has a free safe which I think a laptop should fit in, also a mini bar which was quite dear but you can put your drinks in it

They do offer free soap and hair/shower gel but seemed to dry my skin.

Overall it's a nice hotel but I think for the price we paid it lacked facilities

Milan is easily accessible, a cheap direct bus from either airports. You can buy tickets at the airport or outside the central station

Milan does charge a tourist tax which we paid 4 Euros per person per night, the government need to use this money to give the streets a good wash. The pavements do need a good clean and potholes need sorting….

The Underground is quite easy and cheap to use and stops at the main places…

Do not drink from the water fountains outside, I have seen so many touch thier mouth on them..

Be wary when out and about, if offered help be cautious as some of these people do this as a day job and will want something for it…

I witnessed this when a person was guiding a driver to park, also help at the train stations (if you need help ask an official stamp member who are willing and helpful and most speak English)

Wifi worked well, we only really use to it to surf etc but was good.

There is s small shop, from the hotel turn right then left..

A little supermarket at the station too.

Stayed: May 2016