7,164 results
All reviews central station budget hotel minute walk short stay city centre buffet breakfast croissants modern hotel duomo tram stops supermarket taxis neighborhood tickets
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

I go very often on businnes trips and For me, basically, the most important in a hotel is a good service (or at least a service that dont disturb), good bed, good shower and good breakfast.
This hotel had a bad room and dirty, i decided to pay extra for an upgrade room. The upgraded room was a bit newer but had no windows and was half of the previous. I was shocked.
The service was so complicated, i had my car parked on the horrible garage, and it took me more then half an hour to make the reception to let me go out with my car.
Shower wasnt good either.
Breakfast was the only ok thing.
I was very kind and onformed everything that wasnt pleasnt on my stay. I told i wasnt happy with the room, this fake upgrade. I mean, i made what a good costumer do. I showed to them in a way they could improve. But they disnt even care.
This is one of the few bad recensions i write in trip advisor. And i’ve been in over 50 countries. I still need to write another horrible experience i had this same month, believe or not in the ibis zurich.
Hope Ibis can improve.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 42PedroS42
Reviewed 9 November 2018

The location was good - near the train station, a metro station was nearby, too. The Duomo is just a few stops away. Our room was modern furnished, with spacious bathroom and comfortable beds. The breakfast could be better. Very kind and helpful staf.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

For our last stop on a 7 week European adventure, we wanted a base for exploring the northern parts of Italy. All we were after was a decent bed and quiet nights in a centrally located hotel where we could rest between organised days and half day tours.

The Ibis in Milan is not like Ibis Australia - it doesn't have beds; they have blocks of hard rubber on legs and I'm talking unable to sleep hard - we have fully supported mattresses at home but these are more comparable to concrete. It also doesn't have sheets and blankets but a dooner and a thin mattress top, both synthetic.

We were there in Autumn, and it was still hot, so we opened the window - first mistake. Milan Ibis is a horseshoe shape with a central courtyard where there's a place for people to drink and smoke all night if they want. The courtyard is therefore a megaphone of noise, so we closed the window and turned on the air-conditioning, but that didn't seem to work. Consequently, we didn't sleep at all on the first night.

Next day I asked about the air-conditioning and was told it was not on because the local council had told them they could not use it due to environmental concerns! They don't tell you this unless you ask. We asked for some sheets and a blanket so we could put the dooner on the bed to make it a little softer to sleep on and have something to sleep under that didn't make us hot.

They gave us another dooner, but separated the cover from the dooner so we had a sheet (dooner cover) and blanket (dooner)!! Second night, we managed to get some sleep after people stopped making noise in the courtyard- about 2am.

The windows were not able to keep noise out like in Sydney Ibis so we wore earplugs and kept them closed until we couldn't hear any noise, then open them to let in some fresh cool air.

The irony of all this is that the hotel has an explicit policy of "caring about your sleep" but when we explained that the courtyard means a half of all their tenants are affected by the noise of even a few people, they were not interested in addressing the noise. Instead they said we could be moved to another room, but on the other sides of the building there was major building work (the street had been dug up for major reconstruction), a tram which passed every 15 minutes and a busy road, so we opted to stay where we were. Then the next day, they took the second dooner and cover away and gave us a real sheet but a fully synthetic blanket for the third night, so we lost our padding!

The last two nights were the worst as they were Friday & Saturday when the bar and courtyard was full of people.

Our second mistake was to trust the hotel information which says you can get tea/coffee and pastries from 4-6am before breakfast. This is not true. When we had an early start, there was nothing available and the kitchen staff were seriously put out by my request for some hot water to make tea. They charged me 4 euros when the manager arrived after first saying they wouldn't charge me. We were happy to pay for whatever food they had but there was nothing available.

The bistro menu has things that they don't serve, they had only 6 large beer glasses (which proved a challenge when a large group of Germans were there drinking beer) and the courtyard was always filthy with tables full of empty beer bottles and glasses and full ashtrays. These tables were left like this every night and in the morning at breakfast they were still like that.

The hotel is seriously understaffed and so we were sympathetic to them. What we can't understand is why, as it is a very busy hotel so should be making enough to pay for a few more staff. We also cannot understand how they missed the reality that the courtyard means noise so perhaps they might close it at a reasonable hour so people can get the sleep they supposedly care about.

Last is the rooms. They are so small there is no room for even two suitcases! There is a bizarre "cupboard" in the corner that holds half a dozen shirts with a couple of quarter shelves for clothes I guess, in a deconstructed wardrobe.

The best thing was that there's a taxi stand outside the hotel for a quick getaway.

We have stayed in Ibis hotels before in other countries and enjoyed them, but not this one. It looks good but it's hard to recommend it. We had better sleep on the 15 hour flight home.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank markcC134RF
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Well situated for the train station which was primary for the early return flight , took awhile to check in desk was busy could maybe have more people working on it.Staff that were available polite and friendly.Room was clean and functional (missing tea and coffee facilities?) Lifts in the morning were very slow waited 10 minutes to get from 5th floor to groundfloor.At the moment there is a building site next door which woke us up both mornings with noise.(if your staying here request a room away from this).Overall not bad value but wouldn't return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2018

Excellent hotel, great location, structure and new rooms! My opinion is more for Ibis Styles than normal Ibis. Breakfast is complete with breads, cake, croissant, eggs, bacon, Nutella. The only thing to improve is the quality of the bath towel. Hotel has place to leave your bags.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com